The Sanlam Personal Finance (SPF) cluster is responsible for Sanlam’s retail business in South Africa. SPF provides clients across different market segments (entry-level, middle-income, affluent, professional market and business owners) with a comprehensive range of appropriate and competitive financial solutions. These include traditional life insurance risk and savings products, investment, retirement, health and fiduciary services. Designed to facilitate long-term wealth creation, protection and niche financing, these solutions are engineered around client needs. As Wealthsmiths™ we believe in creating and cultivating a positive, energized working environment that gives you every opportunity to achieve success. Sanlam is committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
Calling all Matriculants
We are Wealthsmiths™. For almost 100 years we have been in the business of planning futures – it is more than our job, it is our trade. Our attitude is one of proper dedication to doing what we do exceptionally well.
Part of our commitment to our trade is recognising that for one to be a master in their trade, support is a key ingredient. That is why we offer bursaries to scholars who have enrolled to study actuarial science in 2018.
Who Are We Looking For
If you are a whiz at maths, enjoy a good challenge by solving difficult problems and are willing to remain focused and disciplined through years of studying and training, then you are just who we’re looking for.
What Do We Offer
- Tuition and accommodation fees
- Allowances for books, travel and pocket money
- Mentoring and academic support from Sanlam actuarial professionals
- Vacation work and networking opportunities with Sanlam staff
- Guaranteed employment after completion of studies
- Continued support and payment towards actuarial board exams
- Range of work rotation opportunities across a broad spectrum of disciplines
What do we require?
- Final Grade 11 results
- Certified copy of your identity document (ID)
- An above 90% score in Mathematics and an overall A aggregate
- A motivation to support your application that answers the following questions:
- In your own words, can you describe what an actuary does?
- Why do you want to study actuarial science?
- Why do you believe you have what it takes to become an actuary?
- Why should Sanlam choose you to be a bursary holder?
- If you are not successful at becoming an actuary, what other career paths are you considering?
- Grade 12 results may be used as determining factor.
- Strong Analytical Ability
- Problem Solving Skills
- Order and Accuracy
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to function independently
- Good communication skills
We are committed to embracing and accelerating transformation. In accordance with Sanlam’s employment equity plan, preference will therefore be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups (Black South Africans i.e. African, Coloured and Indian scholars).