Liquid Telecom is Africas leading independent data, voice and IP provider committed to building Africas digital future. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africas largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. Our award winning data storage and communication solutions connect people across Africa ...
Read more about this company
- 3-5 years' experience in networks and IXPs.
- 3-5 years' experience in Product lifecycle (either technical, business analysis, project management, segment management, commercial, other)
- Experience in Data Centre/Cloud industry, engaging at executive level leadership
- Experience in commercial interpretation or creating business cases and sales/business development desirable
- Experience in technical / engineering field relevant to the product
PRODUCT REVENUE: Provide key insightful inputs into the budget development process for executive decision making, accountability for achievement of the assigned budget and overall revenue management in collaboration with the Sales teams for network and peering services.
1 In conjunction with ADC Direct, and Indirect Sales teams achieve the revenue targets set out by the company for all Products and Services that fall within the assigned Product Portfolio Grow Revenue against set AOP.
- 1.1 Manage and account for customer churn, apply corrective action where necessary, by driving a churn mitigation strategy through effective collaboration with the relevant stakeholders, in order to retain existing customers and mitigate price erosion on renewals.
- 1.2 Custodian for assigned Products related revenue assurance, through ongoing analysis of discrepancies in process, systems and commercials, followed by implementation of effective correction plan. In conjunction with the relevant stakeholders.
- 1.3 Maintain Product Margin within prescribed business case commercials, timeously update and maintain product profit and loss (P&L)
- 1.4 Conduct Product awareness and training through Direct and Indirect Sales channels, so as to drive revenue growth in line with the set company strategy and objectives.
- 1.5 Compile, interrogate and maintain a monthly up to date budget, sales and revenue report, for executive awareness and decision making.
- 1.6 Participate in strategic customer interactions, in order to identify and fulfil deal closure, upselling, co-creation of solutions, to win business and drive revenue growth.
- 1.7 Design and build proposed price model, business case and support initiatives to launch new price books for network and peering services.
Product Management: Ownership and project manage the entire product life cycle from conception to retirement through strategic planning, as well as tactical activities through compiling and executing the product strategy, end-to-end training of the organisation to ensure awareness and acceptance of responsibility and accountability
- 1 Develops and execute annual product strategy for the network and peering ecosystem.
- 1.1 Definition & development of the companys network and peering products and ecosystem
- 1.2 Define, develop, coordinate & drive all product development, product integration & go-to-market strategy for product set
- 1.3 Responsible and accountable for developing and implementing the specific product and services sales & support documentation (Product brief, service schedule, battle card, cheat sheet, business rules, elevator pitch and proposal template), costing and pricing models
- 1.4 Responsible and accountable for profitability, gross margin, sales and revenue targets for the product and associated service
- 1.5 Set and drive sales targets for relevant products & associated services
- 1.6 Responsible and accountable for developing all aspects of the product or service from cradle to grave
- 1.7 Responsible and accountable for product definition, market needs analysis, viability and product fit
- 1.8 Responsible and accountable for all new product plans, announcements, launches and withdrawals & manage the process of commercialising all new or enhanced products working through ADC marketing
- 1.9 Develop and maintain tender and bid management documentation for product and associated service
- 1.10 Keep abreast of all regulatory, technology and market requirements in the assigned Product(s)
- 1.11 Drive and manage partner and vendor relationships
- 1.12 Provide information and insight on how price points will impact the market
- 1.13 Build and maintain relationship with all stakeholders that can impact product performance (Internal & external).
PRODUCT INNOVATION AND ENABLEMENT: Analysis of Market, competitors & ADC SWOT, to define ADC Product strategy & execute in collaboration with key stakeholders as per the ideate process.
- 1 Product innovation and enablement Forecasted Product Revenues vs Actuals for New Products Approved to be Developed
- 1.1 Understands the network providers and peering customer requirements and ensures alignment with the Product initiatives and enablement;
- 1.2 Conduct research through competitor analysis, colocation analysts reports or suppliers/partners to identify potential innovative products that complement existing ADC products.
- 1.3 Reviews and updates the plan with the Executive on a pre-agreed basis, including outputs and deliverables, risks and risk mitigation and relevant action;
- 1.4 Directs and provides input to the Executive as to vision regarding technology strategy and market related thought leadership via engagement with Industry Analysts, Telecommunication forums and technology partners
2 Product Lifecycle Management Executive and Product Board
- 2.1 Understand the Product Lifecycle - manage the progression of the phases
- 2.1.1 Introduction: Develop promotion and sales strategy
- 2.1.2 Growth: Manage further development to maintain relevance
- 2.1.3 Maturity: Maintain proposition and defend revenue
- 2.1.4 Decline: Manage Product retirement
Self-Development and Collaboration
- 1 Self-Development of skills in line with product excellence and ADC requirements
- 1.1 Maintain product and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, seminars and establishing personal networks
- 1.2 Identify and attend online courses
2 Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional business units and external stakeholders
- 2.1 Provide ongoing business support to cross functional team members
- 2.2 Mentoring and coaching of Account Managers and Solution Architects, amongst other internal peers
- 2.3 Presentations of topics relevant to your area of expertise or new disruptive technologies
- 2.4 Provide Subject Matter Expert support to the wider ADC Group on topics relevant to network, IXPs and peering
Relationship Management (Partners, Vendors, Suppliers and Stakeholders)
- 1 Partners, Vendors and Suppliers
- 1.1 Identification, analysis and evaluation of optimal partner relations to achieve ADC Product Strategy
- 1.2 Perform Ambassadorial functions for the company at various business events and exhibitions
- 1.3 Drive Partner integration and collaboration for respective products across the organisation
- 2.1 Work with internal and external customers to identify customer needs, POCs, case studies, complex and customer specific solutions to contribute to the improvement of our product offering
- 2.2 Proactively create and provide sustainable customer relations that minimise attrition.