Who are we?
Sanlam Developing Markets (SDM) (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sanlam Life Limited) is one of the top financial services providers in the South African entry-level and emerging middle market. It aims to understand the unique requirements of clients and offers a wide range of simple and affordable financial solutions that cover needs such as funeral insurance, savings for education, life cover and personal accident plans. In terms of the Sanlam Group Governance Policy, SDM is managed by the SA Retail Mass cluster, which is part of the Sanlam Life and Savings cluster within the Sanlam Group. There are four businesses within the SA Retail Mass cluster, namely; Group Benefits, Individual Life, Safrican Insurance and African Rainbow Life.
What will you do?
The test analyst will be expected to test any system (front-end or back-end) and get the required testing coverage. Testing is becoming a more technical skill, it will be required for the test analyst to be technical.
- Some of the responsibilities (not limited to)
- Catch defects when the agile team is planning a requirement.
- Design and write test automation scripts
- Create the manual test cases before evaluating and automating the tests
- Perform weekly regression testing before deployment to production
- Perform regression testing when required from other teams
- Must understand all business areas (front and back-end) not just your teams' area
- Assist in product version testing
- Continuously growing your technical skills (programming, SQL, API, networks)
- Pair with other testers, developers and product owners
- Mobile and Web Testing
- Participate in all agile ceremonies and limit work in progress
What will make you successful in this role?
Qualification & Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in Software Testing
- N.Diploma/B.Tech/B.Sc Information Technology or relevant testing experience.
- Certification in areas of software quality assurance or testing or quality assurance related certification(s), e.g. ISEB ISTQB foundation certification plus Agile Tester Extension or Certified Agile Tester – iSQI CAT with commensurate testing experience.
- Experience with Quality Centre is a requirement
- Experience with QTP/UFT and Selenium is a requirement
- Experience with JIRA is a requirement
- Experience in setting up and/or maintaining an automated testing environment is a requirement
- Experience testing web based applications is a requirement
- Experience testing APIs is a requirement
- Experience in setting up test cases
- Experience designing and executing tests
Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of test automation and available frameworks
- Get clear acceptance criteria when a user story is being discussed
- Apply context driven testing with exploratory testing in an agile environment (Kanban)
- Using testing techniques to get testing coverage
- Front-end, back-end testing, integration testing
- Must be able to test any system
- Always document testing against acceptance criteria of user story
- Integration Testing (SoapUI or Similar Tools)
- Experience in lean agile environment
- Technical skills like programming .Net & SQL
- Performance Testing
- Insurance Industry experience
Qualification And Experience
- Degree or Diploma and the required Certification with 6 to 8 years related experience.
Knowledge And Skills
- Regression testing and scripts
- System testing, analysis and reviews
- Business Requirements
- Logs and tracks and resolves defects
- Interpersonal savvy - Contributing independently
- Decision quality - Contributing independently
- Plans and aligns - Contributing independently
- Optimises work processes - Contributing independently
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.