Telesure Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd (TIH) is the holding company of some of South Africas leading and innovative financial institutions. These financial institutions are licensed to provide financial products and/or services ranging from short-term, long-term and health insurance as well as a comparison and investment platforms. Our origins go back to ...
Read more about this company
Telesure Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd (TIH), is the holding company of some of South Africa’s leading financial service providers. Our portfolio includes short-term insurers, a long-term insurer, health insurance as well as an insurance and personal finance comparison platform. Our origins date back to 1 June 1985, and we have since grown into a group of subsidiaries that includes some of South Africa’s most loved and recognizable brands. We exist to continuously find better ways to give people peace of mind, whether it is to protect what they own, their loved ones or their greater ambitions and life plans. We bring customer-focused innovation and service excellence to the financial services industry. We’re an undivided team who believe in leading through technology and pushing past their limits. TIH is owned by BHL (SA) Holdings Limited. BHL has a vast global footprint.
- The Business Development Officer contributes to the organizational goals by generating high quality leads for Business Insurance.
- Monitor and assess sales and market data for a specific geographic region that will assist management in identifying areas in the market where business can be developed.
Customer Relationship Development / Prospecting
- Make calls (by telephone or in person) to allocated customers to develop new relationships. Act as a first point of contact for resolving customer queries and complaints.
Customer Needs Clarification
- Set clear objectives for each sales call or meeting; use standard materials to make a presentation to the customer; and ask relevant questions to evaluate the customer's level of interest and to identify and respond to areas requiring further information or explanation.
Sell Customer Propositions
- Identify the products or services that best meet the customer's stated needs, use personal expertise to propose quantities and product configurations, explain the selection to the customer, and invite the customer to make a purchase at the standard price/terms and conditions of sale Negotiate agreement with the customer and internally with commercial colleagues to ensure that customer requirements are met.
Sales Opportunities Creation
- Identify potential customers by obtaining information, referrals, and recommendations from existing customers and other contacts and/or through participation in trade shows and conferences.
- Prioritize own workflow and ensure work is completed to the required standards of productivity, quality and timeliness; use performance management systems to improve personal performance.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the organization's policies and procedures and of relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct to ensure own work adheres to those standards. Obtain authorization from a supervisor or manager for any exceptions from mandatory procedure.
Personal Capability Building
- Develop own capabilities by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching; gain or maintain external professional accreditation where relevant to improve performance and fulfil personal potential. Maintain an understanding of relevant technology, external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing education, attending conferences, and reading specialist media.
- Matric / Grade 12
- 2 - 3 years marketing or face to face sales experience preferably in commercial insurance.
- Own vehicle
- Valid Drivers License
- SAQA Accredited Equivalent -It is the onus of the applicant to provide TIH and its subsidiaries with certified evidence that their qualification(s) meet the equivalent NQF level required for this role at time of application.
#Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA) competency requirements: FAIS recognized qualifications / Regulatory Examinations / Class of Business Certification and / or CPD according to your DOFA (where applicable) -As a registered Financial Service Provider, we are mandated to ensure that all our representatives are and remain fit and proper at all times. By applying for this role, you consent to having your relevant qualification and or accreditation or confirm that you are working towards meeting the competency requirements. You further consent to the relevant information being verified.