About the job
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide. With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Introducing smoke-free products shifts the focus of our entire business. We’re fast moving from a B2B to a B2C model – and our newly created Customer-Centric Organisation team is driving that commercial transformation. Their role is to understand customer conversion journey, customise PMI’s approach for the South African market and find the best ways to convert legal age smokers to reduced-risk products.
We’re looking for customer-centric people with strong B2C experience to participate in this major marketing transformation. Suppose you are passionate about improving the customer’s experience and love the consumer contact. In that case, this is a career-changing opportunity to continue to build our consumer-centric care team and help to create a smoke-free future.
Your ‘day to day’
- This position provides cross-industry customer service understanding and best practices, and guidance to support the Customer Care Team to develop CC concepts, strategies, and service catalogues. You will help build and deploy a Customer Care strategy based on in-depth knowledge and understanding of our products’ commercialisation and long-term conversion plan. You will be responsible for implementing PMI’s CC training framework and approach to build a strong service team through the coaching and mentoring of the Customer Care organisation. Support the deployment of global service strategy concepts and be responsible for the development of local channel & service strategy by development & presentation of both global & local service concepts and strategy from external Customers to Senior Management. Pioneer the latest service offerings, including collaborate with other functions and service partners. Identify and quantify service improvement potentials and adjust service processes accordingly. Assist with all aspects of vendor relationships and continuously improve the customer services delivered by all third-party suppliers while maintaining cost-effectiveness. Champion knowledge management; ensure all toolkits, content, and training material is up to date and a training framework in place to mentor partners. Reporting framework (including measures, documentation, and processes) in line with internal requirements. Support quarterly Service Review Meetings within the market to generate a current view of PMI services. Collaborate with all market functions to develop commercialisation support strategy, business development, and service roadmap. Ensure mutual exchange of information to further develop services and processes from service organisation to stakeholders and vice versa. You must be able to manage a high level of ambiguity and be comfortable with handling change and uncertainty
Who we’re looking for
Internal candidate in lower grades that meet the following search criteria are encouraged to apply
- Completed Matric qualification
- Relevant University qualification will be an advantage
- Experience fast scale-up markets, background in customer care & service operations is required
- Proven experience working customer care related roles with management training
- Work experience or understanding of cross-functional roles in supply chain, COD & operations is ideal
- Experience of CRM and customer retention programmes, complaints management, Customer Care Operations for consumer electronics/FMCG industries with significant B2C remote interactions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities that enable customer satisfaction insights inspired changes to our designed model
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills is a must
- Experience in mediation and conflict resolution is required
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
PMI is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all society members irrespective of age, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, religion or belief, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
PMI is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates.”