HR BUSINESS PARTNER (South Africa)
- Partner with senior management to translate business strategy into HR priorities and actionable goals. The target population for this role is to work within the ICS division in SA, working in partnership with other ICS BPs in Jersey and Luxembourg.
- Contribute to the development of effective resource planning within the relevant division and proactively work with the other HR members in SA to manage the recruitment, resourcing and hiring process for the division to ensure that JTC recruits the best talent in the most cost effective way in adherence with mandatory recruitment and assessment requirements.
- Work in partnership with the business and Finance colleagues to set, monitor and manage the annual ICS people budget applying appropriate commercial acumen.
- Work in partnership with the business and JTC Academy to support talent acquisition, key talent identification, development, reward and succession planning processes.
- Provide assistance with delivery of ongoing business performance improvements and ensure that any HR intervention reinforces JTC’s brand, high performance culture, and commerciality.
- Develop close working relationships within the business and with Managers/Directors as required, providing advice and guidance in response to HR procedural / policy issues and developing solutions or recommendations to meet business priorities.
- Maintain a detailed awareness of regulatory requirements and group strategies to ensure that appropriate HR policies are in place and enforced.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance in relation to the interpretation and/or application of HR policies and procedures and/or statutory requirements.
- Advise and coach managers on JTC’s reward framework, policies and principles i.e. roles and levels, promotion, career pathways, and the application of our compensation and benefits strategy including shared ownership.
- Effectively manage any ER issues i.e. disciplinary, grievance procedures and dismissals to minimise internal and external reputational risk.
- Provide continuous feedback to divisional leadership as well as other areas within HR on a range of business and HR issues. (Informal v formal reporting requirements)
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS (GROUP)
Act as SME in SA Employment Legislation to ensure JTC compliance; produce a quarterly update on all future legislative changes in SA and any resulting impact.
Provide guidance to other HR team members on employee relations matters, ensuring adherence to legislation and best practice, on areas including but not limited to discrimination, GDPR, equal opportunities, disciplinary, grievance and capability.
POLICIES, PROCEDURES & HANDBOOKS
Ensure the HR policies, procedures and Handbooks for SA are regularly reviewed and updated at least on an annual basis or in line with legislation and best practice.
Regular review of employment contracts to ensure legal compliance.
GENERAL HR TEAM
- Conduct exit interviews (shared between HR Manager and HR Senior Administrator) and identify and report trends or patterns to the Associate Director SA.
- Research, manage and implement successful delivery of assigned HR activities, projects and tasks within agreed timelines, including activities which support the Performance and Reward cycle and Learning and Development initiatives.
- Regulatory reporting such as FASSET and Employment Equity.
- Undertake assigned project work as may be required.
- Provide support during Acquisitions. This may include assisting with harmonisation proposals, review of data collation, and consultation process with employees, producing documents and assisting with the on boarding of acquired employees.
- Actively contribute and be a key member of a multi jurisdictional HR team building effective working relationships to ensure procedures are accurately followed, allowing for continuity of service during busy periods or times of absence.
- Uphold the professional standards expected of an HR practitioner and act as a role model of excellence with all clients, internally and externally.
- Maintain the highest standard of confidentiality and security in terms of employee data and business information and consider the impact of GDPR on all activities undertaken.
- Maintain accuracy when handling data and ensure that the integrity of processes is maintained. Follow four eye check protcol and fully complete check lists as required, including providing assistance to other HR colleagues who need support with four eye checks.
- Contribute to the wider HR team, supporting ad hoc projects, exchanging knowledge and supporting standards of good practice.
- Developing self and maintaining knowledge in relevant field at all times.
- Consistently demonstrate JTC core values and expected behaviours.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor's degree
- Atleast 5 years in a HR Manager/ BP role.
- Strong organization, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to onboard new employees and manage HR tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).