Sales & Marketing Manager
The purpose of this role is to improve an organisations market position and achieve financial growth. To plan and implement sales and marketing activities in order to meet and exceed company targets for growth. Ensure consistent growth in revenue and meeting of sales targets through positive planning, deployment, motivation and management of Sales Personnel.
To promote the venue, its services and facilities offered to existing and potential customers, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained. Ensuring that all venue enquiries, site visits, quoting, contracts, payments and Operational requirement duties are continuously carried out within the set standards of the business. Develop a loyal following amongst guests, thus increasing business and the Hotels reputation of a good quality experience.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Post include but are not limited to the following:
- Together with the Members and General Manager, set Annual Goals & Sales Targets.
- Research and evaluate the market to determine trends in the hospitality sector and with competitors.
- Through collaboration with the Members and management team, Marketing and Sales Reps develop and implement sales strategies that acquire new customers and retain and grow existing customer relationships.
- To provide effective leadership through professional management, motivation and encouragement of subordinates.
- Manage the administration and operational functions of sales representatives, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible.
- Ensure that the system has all packages, venues, rates, menus, drinks lists, decor loaded by the System Administrator.
- Ongoing monitoring, analysis and reporting of targets, conversion rates and overall performance of individual performance as well as the team as a whole.
- Responsible for the recruitment, hiring and training of Sales Executives
- Formulate sales Policies, Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure that all sales and marketing team adhere to the company policies and procedures at all times
- Responsible for the personal development and growth of each employee in the sales team.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and potential clients, suppliers and PCO's
- Manage customer feedback in a prompt and professional manager, adhering to the Thaba Eco Hotel customer feedback policy.
- Achieve growth and exceed sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands the company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence
- To plan, implement and measure all marketing strategies by developing various elements essential for the growth of Thaba Eco Hotel. The focus of the Marketing position is result-driven planning and market research to develop the Thaba Eco Hotel brand and marketing strategies including but not limited to:
- Strategic Planning
- TEP Applications
- Marketing Events
- Print Media
- Social Media
- Web-based marketing
- Social Responsibility
- General Administration
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Analytical Abilities – Understand and see the relevance of the information provided, draw conclusions that fit the facts and analyse problems to understand root causes
- Judgment – Having analysed information weigh up all evidence in order to decide on the best course of action.
- Communication – What is clear to Sales Managers should be clear to others
- Ability to attain Targets - Be able to reach goals by the set deadlines.
- Ability to get things done - They should be a good objective setter, planner and above all controller.
- Co-operation – Work well with others in a friendly, co-operative manner inspiring others to collaborate
- Initiative – Be able to work with minimum direction.
- Dependability – Strong Sales Managers are dependable, thorough and precise in everything they do Smart Selection of People
- Delegation – Confirm the ability to produce results through others
- Planning and Organising – Write objectives and plan in detail how it will they will be attained. Also, be able to anticipate problems and provide solutions.
- Vision –Sales Manager should be able to look ahead and be a forecaster and also consider future opportunities and problems Creativity -Have the ability to generate good ideas
- Embodying Company Policies - Remain loyal under all conditions and always “sell” the company values rather than “tell” them Human Relations – Posses the desire to develop oneself from being a boss to a genuine leader, ensure that the team are happy working for them and demonstrate good team building
- Ability to Develop Subordinates – practice what is preached and show the benefits of reading, analysing, practising and improving
- Problem Solving – Be a positive thinker who can quickly pinpoint problems and come up with solutions
- Technical Solutions – Have exceptional
- understanding of their area and continuously strive to improve that knowledge and keep up to date
- Management Knowledge – Have a sound understanding of modern management
- techniques applicable to the field
- Policy Knowledge – Have a complete understanding of company policies and procedures
- Enthusiasm – Ensure they possess a zest for the job – Smiles easily and have a positive, eager and responsive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure – Maintain a positive attitude and zeal even when the going gets tough. (Stress management)
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business and or Marketing/ Public Relations or Hospitality Management
- 3 – 5 Years in Sales Management & Marketing Role / Event Planning