You will be a valuable member of the the Finance Team. The team will rely on your technical expertise relating to changes in technical accounting, the groups financials, reporting and external audit. You will be responsible for driving efficiencies and improvements with in your role. You will work closely with Luno's external auditors locally and internationally. The role will report to Byron, meet him here!
Your mission will involve
- Keeping abreast of relevant technical accounting developments within both the cryptocurrency and traditional accounting fields
- Providing technical training to the wider finance team
- Involvement in accounting and reporting forums with a view to being a thought leader on emerging requirements for digital assets
- Liaising with auditors internationally on technical issues which require narrative papers outlining our current treatment
- Taking ownership of the Luno Group audit
- Preparation of audit packs, reporting to our parent company and liaising with parent company auditors
- Maintaining the statutory audit compliance register
- Preparing the Group Consolidation and Consolidated Annual Financial Statements
- Reviewing and / or preparing Statutory Financial Statements for subsidiary companies
- Assisting with the preparation & submission of financial statements in countries where we are not yet audited
- Taking ownership of the annual financial statement to trial balance reconciliations for the companies within the group, as well as ensuring any audit entries are posted
- Implementing consolidation software
- Involvement and assistance with monthly and quarterly management reporting
- All US parent reporting requirements
In your first six months, you will
You will complete your Luno onboarding, get to know your team and their different functions, understand your core KPIs, responsibilities and deliverables. Identify initiatives for process improvement and contribute to the overall performance of the Finance Team.
' The ideal Lunaut for this role, will have'
- A Chartered Accountant CA (SA) or similar internationally recognised designation
- Minimum 3 years working experience in a similar position
- Must be at advanced level Excel / Google Sheets
- System experience with a relevant consolidation package and ERP systems
- US GAAP and SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) experience
- Ability to work remotely. Candidates must have reliable internet connection and a conducive work from home set-up
'You will especially get noticed if'
- Experience with cryptocurrencies, digital assets or financial assets
- Experience working in a technical environment within a large to medium sized accounting firm
- Special tools / system experience Sage X3 and / or Kiss Flow
Remote Life at Luno
If you're looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you.
Like the majority of the companies, Luno is currently working remotely to keep our employees safe, which means you will not be physically, but virtually onboarded for now!
- Live long and prosper. We've got you covered with excellent private medical insurance.
- For the crypto fans among you (should be everyone!), you'll pay 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day... like that pottery course you've always been meaning to do!
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- We are a social bunch of people, we have virtual quarterly activities and drinks Fridays for whoever wants to join!
- We have virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts to break up your day and work that other part of your brain.