About the job
A consultant is an experienced professional in a specific field that has wide knowledge of a subject matter and provides expert advice. A consultant is brought into the customer’s business as an expert. They have to guide the customer in their area of expertise whilst understanding what the customer’s real need is and how to translate that need to a solution that will deliver optimal value.
An Azuro Consultant is solutions-oriented, engages with customers in a meaningful manner and extracts the necessary information from the customer to provide expert guidance on the required solution to add maximum value to the customer’s business. An Azuro Consultant is expected to discover user stories, define, develop and implement solutions, produce the required documentation, offer training and present findings.
A Senior Consultant: Application Developer, plays a key role in the design, development, installation, testing and maintenance of software solutions including those for web, mobile and desktop applications. These solutions may incorporate or extend other platforms, such as Azure, Microsoft Dynamics 365, SharePoint, Office 365, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, Power BI, Qlik, DocFusion or any others as may be required from time to time.
The Senior Consultant: Developer requires the following skills:
- Must excel in Agile Project Methodologies and can confidently apply these methodologies within the Azuro Delivery Process (Agile Process and Principles).
- Must be able to facilitate the interaction with customer stakeholders to discover and document User Stories for their own or other consultants’ consumption and delivery. The User Stories discovered in this way must adhere to the standards as set by the Azuro Delivery Process and be consumable by other consultants.
- Must be able to define and develop technical solutions based on User Stories or Business Requirements as discovered by themselves or other consultants.
- Must be able to write code and develop functionality to the standards as set by Azuro’s Delivery Process. Such code must adhere to the principals of Clean Code and be maintainable and testable at all times.
- Must be able to perform peer code reviews, and provide strong arguments for the decisions made in relation to code and software design patterns, use of libraries, etc.
- Must be able to provide support and ongoing maintenance of existing systems.
- Must continue to offer value to the customer by determining the current and future needs of the customer’s business and consult with stakeholders at all levels about the current work systems and recommending improvements that could be made.
- Must have good interpersonal skills in verbal, telephonic and written forms of communication. Communication must at all times remain professional.
- The consultant must be able to seamlessly hand over conversations to the appropriate senior customer engagement resource should it turn to contractual matters or negotiations relating to service delivery and pricing agreements, etc.
- Must be able to present the proposed and finalized solution to the client in an easily understandable and formal layout.
- Must be able to produce any required documentation that may be required by the team or the customer, prior to, during or post the implementation of the services as per the customer requirement. Must be well-versed in the appropriate Azuro documentation and templates available.
- Must be able to provide training on the products and solution that has been built.
- Must have the appropriate skill level in common productivity and development tools such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, Visual Studio Team Systems, PowerApps, Power BI, Flow and DocFusion.
- Work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Provide team leadership, including, but not limited to project deliverables, sprint completion and daily stand-up meetings and mentorship.
- Commit to the mission and vision statement of Azuro Solutions.
- This Job Description cannot be and is not an exhaustive list of activities, and the Senior Consultant: Developer is expected to be able to perform any function assigned to them, within the scope of their capabilities and skills.
Skills and Certification
1. A minimum NQF Level 6 diploma or degree in a related field of Computer Sciences.
2. Pass the following Microsoft Certification Exams (or their equivalents):
2.1. AZ-204: Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate
3. Any three of the following Microsoft Certification Exams (or their equivalents):
3.1. 70-483: Programming in C#
3.2. 70-486: Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications
3.4. 70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
3.5. 70-533: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
3.6. 70-535: Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
3.7. 70-538: Implementing Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions
3.8. MB-400: Microsoft Power Apps + Dynamics 365 Developer
3.9. MS-600: Microsoft 365 Developer
3.10. PL-100: Microsoft Power Platform App Maker
3.11. PL-200: Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant
3.12. PL-400: Microsoft Power Platform Developer
- Must have passed a minimum of 3 of the required certifications.
- Ability to think logically and solve problems in structured manner.
- A minimum 8 years’ Commercial Development experience across the indicated technologies and frameworks including Object Oriented Development methodologies.
- Experience consuming and developing REST APIs.
- Experience with database development including relational database design and SQL and technologies.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments.
- Experience with automated testing and Test-Driven Development.
- Internally motivated, able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
- Proven ability to find innovative solutions, and the ability to improve existing solutions, systems, and processes.
- Ability to work in other developers’ code and amend and improve the code as required.
- Must be able to use Dynamics 365, SharePoint, Office 365 Applications and Teams.
- Practical experience building solutions on Microsoft Azure
- Understanding of cloud-based development and technologies.
- Be well versed in Agile delivery processes and able to develop code under pressure.