Valenture Institute is a private online high school offering an academically rigorous, socially-rich learning experience that equips students with the skills and courage to drive social change for a sustainable future.
Social media – what an industry, right? Humans are being bombarded by millions of (mostly) useless content on a daily basis. Engagement and attention are at an all-time low. Trust in social media platforms is diminishing. But, you get it. You realise that gone are the days of monthly content calendars. Every moment is an opportunity to produce content that is authentic, breaks through the noise and resonates with people. You understand the human behaviour that drives true engagement.
You’ll be joining tight-knit, high performance team who are passionate and love what they do. The environment is fast-paced, filled with rapid experimentation and heavily data driven. Your daily role will include developing and executing content & social strategies, pro-active community management & outreach, and managing social paid media campaigns. You’ll deep dive into data to deliver insight that help us better understand and engage with our audience. Your objective is to build trust with our audience. You’ll be working alongside digital producers to ensure content remains on-brand, but also authentic.
You’re curiuos by nature and have a thirst for knowledge. The industry moves at a rapid pace and you stay up to speed with the latest trends but also know how to identify the fads. You’ve heard of, and buy into, the methodologies of Gary Vee & Prof. Scott Galloway. You have an eye for design and strong-attention to details. You’re highly organised but are also agile enough to develop and execute off-the-cuff strategies.
Creative Content Marketing Strategy
- Creating, implementing and managing comprehensive creative content marketing strategies;
- Research into new and alternative ways to leverage content marketing activities and experiment with these;
- Monitor trends in content marketing, tools, applications and channels and apply that research;
- Strategise with internal teams on incorporating relevant content marketing techniques into the company;
- Continually innovate and strive to deliver fresh, fun, interesting and exciting was of generating content and marketing the company’s brands in digital and other channels;
- Monitor, measure, analyse and interpret data through various tools to provide accurate and relevant commentary on the success or failures of implemented strategies
- Actively research, brainstorm, define and document content marketing strategies (social and otherwise) to be executed digitally or otherwise;
- Develop copy and work alongside internal producers to develop authentic, breakthrough content that resonates with our audience.
Online Reputation Management
- Monitor community feedback and responses, engage with active users, and keep track of brand loyalists across all pages managed
- Track brand and related industry terms and proactively engage in conversations where it makes sense to do so.
Social Paid Media
- Responsible for managing media across various platforms like Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Campaign monitoring, data analysis, optimisation and insights reporting
- Relevant tertiary qualification in marketing or similar
- 3 years+ experience managing social media
- Experience working on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn & TikTok platforms
- Self-motivated, hard-working and eager to learn attitude
- Excellent analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills are a must
- Ability to think creatively and out-of-the-box
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional writing, communication and confident presentation skills
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Facebook Blueprint Certifications - Intermediary to Advanced
- Google Analytics Academy Certification - Basic Level
- Other online training on social media platforms/analytics also acceptable
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Social media content management platforms (Buffer, Later, Tweetdeck etc.)
- Social media monitoring platforms (Continuon)