New Business Development Executive at Nielsen
Posted on: 24 November, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Nielsen
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population.
About The Role
The New Business Development Executive is a pivotal role in Nielsen’s growth strategy. Focused on accelerating organic growth, the NBD Executive generates short-cycle revenue opportunities by rapidly penetrating new clients and growing ad-hoc clients with a highly profitable, syndicated product portfolio. NBD executives strive to exceed sales targets and seek outstanding rewards.
- Good understanding of Market Research, preferably of Nielsen products
- Passionate about sales, revenue growth, and new business opportunities
- Short-term results orientated, competitive, and a high-energy self-starter
- Strong negotiator and a deal closer, comfortable in challenging and influencing client at all levels
- Ability to create new leads from cold calling and to prioritize client visits based on sales potential
- Skillful in driving client interest and new business through creative proposal of Nielsen capabilities
- Independent worker, who also contributes to the overall objectives of a team
- Excellent communication skills, ability to read other’s styles and adapt behaviour accordingly
- Fluent in English and local language
- Own individual revenue target.
- Generate short-cycle revenues from syndicated solutions, such as Ad-Hoc RMS and CPS reports, AIS and Global Snapshots.
- Target/penetrate new clients and ad-hoc ones, with a special focus on white space and the small & medium enterprise (SME) sector, including non-FMCG clients
- Develop go-to market strategies that will deliver maximum reach across the target client portfolio
- Create new leads, including from cold calling, and prioritize client visits based on sales potential
- Monitor progress against revenue target with tenacity and course correct quickly where necessary
- Identify upselling opportunities by creating leads for more advanced / customised Nielsen services and to transform ad-hoc relationships into continuous contracts.
- Utilise with creativity the tools available within the wider organisation to generate leads and develop engagement plans, such as Marketing & Communications calendars, commercial sales drives, category sales data and CRM toolkits.
- Ensure that all syndicated sales materials, including proposals and marketing information are consistent with the Nielsen Voice and demonstrate best in class within the industry.
- Work with broader departments, such as Client Service, GBS and Brand teams to ensure alignment and buy-in.
Role / Career Levels
- EXECUTIVE, NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Entry level sales executive focused on new business
- Individual revenue target that exceeds 3 times the employee’s cost to the company
- Strong sales drive, strong persistence
- Good negotiator, excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, confident, highly stress resistant
- No BA/MA required – vocational training and New business and whitespace sales experience a plus
- Solid knowledge of English language
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nielsen career website on jobs.nielsen.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs