Senior .NET Developer at Nigel Frank International
Posted on: 13 December, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Nigel Frank International
Nigel Frank International is the global leader in Microsoft Technology recruitment. We place more skilled Microsoft Dynamics and Stack professionals with Microsoft Partners and end-users worldwide than any other recruitment business.
Creativity & Innovation
- Be able to look at problems and formulate innovative solutions to these problems either in isolationor within a team.
- Be able to break down problems into their constituents, understand each item and be able to provide commentary on them as well as commentary / solutions to the whole problem.
- Be able to apply critical thinking to a particular problem or task either in isolation or within a team.
- Be able to communicate clearly with all team members, clients, integration partners and service providers in the written and spoken medium.
- Be able to provide transparent, clear and precise communications around your work and its progress as well as any difficulties or issues faced.
- Accurately interpret any communication or tasks handed down to you.
- Be able to immediately identify and raise questions if there is any ambiguity in any instruction that is being handed down.
- Must be courteous, well presented and maintain professional conduct at all times.
- Be able to grasp high level concepts quickly.
- Must be able to follow instructions to technical processes to the letter.
- Must produce qualitative results with few come backs.
- Must be able to complete tasks in their entirety.
- Produce results within the time allocated for the task.
- Must be able to analyse what has been provided to you, determine if anything has been missed within the scope of your current knowledge on the subject area and raise concerns if necessary.
- Must analyse a situation before asking questions pertaining to it as to ensure that the answer is not immediately available.
- Must be able to context switch between tasks and / or projects leaving the previous task at a clean point so that it’s easier to pick it up later.
- Must be able to handle development tasks with interruptions from / interactions with other team members / clients / partners.
- Must communicate clearly to management if it is determined that a particular task or project will not make a deadline with valid justifications as to why.
- Must put in extra effort and time should the progress of a particular task or project indicate that a deadline will not be met if:
- The workers best effort has not been put in to this point, this will be judged objectively.
- The worker has had to back track on their design or code to accommodate a different
- approach to solving a problem outside of the scope of the architecture team.
- Must have a firm understanding of the Waterfall and Agile software development methodologies.
- Must have a firm understanding of the software development tools utilised to design, develop, test and deploy systems within your predominant programming language as well as any other technical software artefacts necessary to establish a systems environment (e.g. Tomcat Web Server).
- Understand high level concepts such as process flows, work flows, UML diagrams, database model diagrams, project plans, version control systems and issue / enhancement tracking systems and be able to identify code design patterns.
- Must always display a positive and constructive attitude towards all people involved in the business and your work.
- Must be internally motivated and must be able to motivate other people.
- Must contribute to a comfortable, fun and social working environment.
- Must provide support to your team members and build strong relationships.
- Must be hard working, diligent, punctual and committed to the goals of the organisation.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work closely with the architects and the development manager to design and implement new features and address the maintenance backlog for existing products.
- Participate in and assist with troubleshooting sessions related to issues in the current systems.
- Participate in JAD (joint application development) sessions to thrash out the functional and technical requirements for business requirements that have been set forth.
- Participate in code reviews with peers from the development team to work through the logic and design of a system / technical requirement to ensure that all aspects of the development are efficient and correct.
- Design and implement reusable software components and application code.
- Write technical specifications detailing the approach and design for an extension to an existing system or a functional subset of a new system.
- Identify and report issues that have not yet been discovered internally or by clients and raise them with your development manager.
- Identify areas that could be improved (UX or code base) and raise them with your development
- Work with technical correspondents at our clients / partners or service providers to integrate our systems with theirs. Assist our clients and partners with the interpretation of our API / integration guide documents and provide them with assistance to meet the integration objective.
- Provide second line support to our operational staff to help them address problems or queries raised by our clients.
- Aggregate, summarize and document all technical points discovered or sourced from technical service providers in the company’s knowledge and content management system. Disseminate any key technical information that has been obtained through functional investigations.
- Enforce coding standards to ensure consistent quality within our software systems. The worker will need to engage in paired code check-ins where they will check another developer’s work. The worker will also need to identify inefficient or unorthodox code and challenge it.
- Develop clean, team-centric and commented code that most developers will be able to follow and pick up quickly.
- Ensure that the correct product is delivered on time, every time.
- Technology Stack
- Prior knowledge of the below mentioned technologies will assist with on-boarding.
The clients technology stack currently includes:
- Microsoft Visual C# (.NET Framework 2.0 upwards)
- Microsoft ASP.NET (.NET Framework 3.5 upwards)
- Microsoft SQL Server (2008 R2 upwards)
- Microsoft SSRS (2008 R2 upwards)
- Node.js server side runtime environment
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nigel Frank International career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs