LSC Staffing Solutions Pty Ltd (hereinafter referred to as LSC) was established in 1998 in conjunction with a leading national Warehousing and Distribution company who sought to achieve greater efficiency through better administrative control of its large staffing pool. As a dynamic service driven company LSC has shown incredible growth, now supplying staffing solutions to various national and international organisations across many different industries. Through the supply of innovative staffing solutions LSC enables our clients to stay focused on the company’s long term strategy and core competencies, ultimately enhancing competitiveness.
Applications close: 12 January 2018
A vacancy has arisen for an existing position under LSC Staffing Solutions at PFG Building Glass a division of PG the main manufacturer and distributer of Float Glass in South Africa. The successful candidate will form part of an energetic logistics management team and will be responsible for the management and coordination of Warehouse and Transport activities to support all Domestic and Cross Boarder deliveries. PFG prides itself in maintaining a safe, highly motivated working environment where we all strive to provide exceptional customer service in a cost effective manner.
OVERVIEW OF THE (IL) DISTRIBUTION COORDINATOR ROLE:
- In the capacity of a Domestic Distribution Coordinator you will be responsible to manage the following activities through a professional well trained work force:
- Manage a team of 24 employees on a shift bases (Full management responsibility), this team will include a wide range of functions and activities.
- PFG run on SAP and all transactions are carried out within SAP WM, the successful candidate must have SAP Experience as a user and as a coordinator.
- Manage Safety to ensure all activities carried out in the warehouse in a safe manner, in your capacity as a shift coordinator you will be responsible for the safety of your team and for managing and investigating any safety incident.
- Ensure all manufactured product is inspected and placed accurately into stock in the correct bin locations
- Pick and coordinate all glass deliveries and receipts inter warehouses and to the various PFG value added business on site
- Picking and loading of all Domestic deliveries and Regional collect loads in line with the agreed load plans
- Preparation of the correct delivery documentation in line with the business requirements (Accurate without load Variances)
- Manage and coordinate the off-loading of return deliveries and ensure paperwork is completed and accurately channelled to the right business functions.
- Manage the housekeeping of the Warehouses under your control to ensure efficient and safe operation in a clean environment.
- Manage and maintain a high level stock accuracy in the warehouse to support SAP systems planning and efficient warehouse operations.
- Minimise glass breakages and drive CIT initiatives to reduce breakages
- Compile shift end reports and update visual performance management boards in the meeting area.
- The Distribution shift coordinator will be responsible to run effective shift meetings where issues and successes are communicated to ensure the workforce stays informed about their performance and the expectations from the teams.
- Apply problem solving skills to issues that arise out of the day to day operations of the warehouse and distribution.
- Where required, write up new works procedures and conduct training and evaluation with the teams to ensure all understand what is expected and execute work accordingly.
- Must have good planning and coordinating skills to balance activities and requirements in a volatile high pressure environment.
- Well organised individual that is results driven
- Must have good interpersonal skills to effectively communicate
- Sufficient management experience to effectively manage the employees, functions and systems under their control.
- Must be structured well-disciplined to effectively manage the administrative tasks, under pressure and accurately in a rotating shift environment.
- Must be able to cope with a complex work environment with many variables from a warehouse and transport point of view
- The individual must be focussed and be able to think on his feet as effective decision making is critical in this role.
SPECIFIC WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Must have hands on SAP WM user experience around stock control, pick, place and distribution activities. (
- Must have sufficient SAP system user experience to manage and support subordinates working on the system.
- The individual must have at least 5-8 years’ management experience directly responsible for 20 or more employees in a high pressure warehouse and distribution environment.
- PFG is a continuous manufacturing environment where production output must be stored and storage equipment and space must be created to accommodate all glass without interruption.
- The individual must have experience in management of safety and a good understanding of the occupational health and safety act and the management and investigating of safety incidents is a requirement.
- The individual must have experience in a world class manufacturing principles: Visual performance management, 5S and Problem solving.
- The individual must have a good understanding around the factors that drive warehouse and transport efficiency and must have a passion for improving the current state of the system.
- Diploma or degree in Production management, Logistics or Industrial Engineering
- Certified SAPPICS qualifications coupled with work experience would also be considered
Systems and Managerial Skills:
- Microsoft Office intermediate to advance skills in Word, Office and Excel
- Business report writing skills and preparation of KPI’s and stats
- SDP or MDP Supervisor or Management development training
- Training on Occupational Health and Safety Act and specifically around risk assessments and incident investigation
- Training on Transport Fundamentals
- Training on Warehouse Fundamentals
- 5-8 Years management experience in a warehouse environment directly accountable for all aspects of the workforce of about 20+
- Sound LRA Knowledge and IR management experience to drive people management and run disciplinary enquiries.
KEY PERFORMANCE DRIVERS:
- Inventory Management
- Inventory Control
- Maintain the integrity of SAP Inventory Systems
- Stock accuracy >98.5%
- Maintain the integrity of SAP inventory systems (SAP Control Bins)
- Accurate Production receipts against set criteria
- Manage Inventory health
- Sort glass on hold for breakage not older 14 days.
- Phantom & Stock at doors not greater than 2 days
- Identify stock required for dispatch 3 days prior to dispatch
- Check glass availability and order from remote warehouses.
- Ensure all glass is in the despatch warehouse the day prior to loading
- Ensure glass is picked for the loads
- Adherence to OSH act
- Safety LTIF Target <1
- Ensure that all job categories have training records in place
- Skills matrix is up to date
- Initial Safety investigations to be done on shift and finalised within 5 working days.
- Ensure that regular task observations / risk analysis are carried out
- Focus on 5 S implementation and maintaining standards
- Conduct daily housekeeping and process audits and maintain a score of >95%
- Systems and Process Management
- Ensure accurate SAP transactions
- Accuracy in receipts from production, internal movements and issuing to deliveries
- Physical control of Product returned from Customers with all relevant Sap transactions
- Continuous Improvement
- Drive identified CIT projects
- Identify processes that can be improved and or be simplified
- Glass Breakage <0.07% of stock holding
- Nil overspend on budget
- Transport Breakage less than target
- Ensure loads are prioritised for loading
- Ensure that payloads are maximised
- Loads are inspected to ensure they are secure and safely loaded on time
- Ensure that the transporter has carried out the mechanical inspection of the trailers
- Randomly inspect loads
- Ensure shift leaders and load inspectors carry out detailed inspections of the load
- Plan trailer load distribution
- Ensure loads are loaded timeously for dispatch 4.5 loads per crew per 12 shift
- Coordinate trailer supply from the transporter
- All loads checked prior to departure
- Ensure axle loading checked prior to dispatch
- Drive a world class warehouse culture
- Manage Attendance
- Maintain a focused, well-disciplined work environment
- Keep workforce motivated and involved through continuous interaction
- Drive and communicate KPI’s and World Class Manufacturing principles
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.
Should you not receive a response within four weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Method of Application
Applicants should send CV to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org