RCL FOODS is a leading African food producer in South Africa with a market capitalisation of R13 billion and employing more than 20 000 people in operations across South and Southern Africa. We manufacture a wide range of branded and private label food products which we distribute through our own route-to-market supply chain specialist, Vector Logistics. In line with our Passion to provide more food to more people, more often, we have acquired a number of businesses with deep South African roots and strong brands, which have enabled us to diversify our offering and enhance our reach. Included in our portfolio are well-known South African brands such as Selati sugar, Supreme flour, Rainbow and Farmer Brown chicken, Pieman’s pies, Mageu Number 1 beverages, Sunbake bread, Nola mayonnaise, Yum Yum peanut butter, Ouma rusks, Bobtail and Catmor pet food products, and Epol and Molatek animal feed. In line with our strategy, we have recently transformed from four separate businesses (TSB Sugar, Rainbow Chicken, Foodcorp and Vector) into “ONE RCL FOODS”, an integrated company made up of three divisions supported by common Group functions.
Advanced mathematics/statistics qualification (University level)/ Industrial engineering degree, Operations research qualification (advantageous), Minimum of 3 years’ working experience in a supply chain environment, preferably with transport, network, warehouse modelling experience, Costing experience would be advantageous
- Network Analysis: Provide support in identifying future long-term requirements of the network, including: Analysing transport nodes, Calculating the cost of maintaining and operating the current network, Analysing how cost is affected by different scenarios where facilities are closed, Expanded, contracted or new facilities are acquired or constructed, Analysing network nodes and flow-paths,Evaluating warehouse capacity for current and future operations to handle optimal product flows.
- Participate in modelling the long term and medium term scenarios around transportation optimization.
- Supply Chain Modelling and Data Analysis: On a daily basis, support the review of data emanating from the supply chain and perform integrated analysis to identify cross-functional cause and effect, Create models to inform operating strategies, facilitate decision-making, make investment recommendations and identify new business opportunities.
- General Information and Data Management: For area of responsibility, ensure data is accurately and regularly captured onto the information system to facilitate access to reliable data and reporting for trend analysis and decision making, Share with and report relevant data and information to management teams to enable reliable business decision-making, Perform general data maintenance in SAP.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Operations processes and associated KPIs
- Intelligence platforms and systems
- Supply Chain Strategist, T-Mod, Cast
- Computer literacy (MS Office and especially proficiency in Excel)
- Report writing
- Strong analytical and statistical
- Advanced problem solving
- Data analysis and presentation
- Simulating scenarios (using Excel modelling)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to RCL FOODS career website on rcl.erecruit.co.za to apply