MTN Group Limited entered the telecommunications scene at the dawn of South Africa’s democracy, in 1994. In 1998, we began our expansion by acquiring licences in Rwanda, Uganda and Swaziland. Since then, we continued to grow, with a view of bringing world-class telecommunications and digital services to markets across Africa and the Middle East. Through our extensive investment in advanced communication infrastructure over the past two decades, the talent and experience of our people, as well as the strength of our brand, we have grown to now have a presence in 24 countries, connecting over 231.0 million people. We offer an integrated suite of communications products and services, including traditional mobile voice and data, digital and mobile financial services as well as enterprise services. MTN continues to believe in the investment potential of emerging markets and thus deliver quality services that respond to our customers’ present and future needs. Every initiative undertaken, every innovative stride made, every award-winning product developed, is aimed at making our clients’ lives a whole lot brighter, as we lead the delivery of a “bold, new Digital World”.
Core purpose of the Job:
The Manager: Enterprise Automation is responsible for designing and architecting processes and solution that optimizes the management of all IT infrastructure as well as drive process efficiencies within the organisation
Key Performance Areas
- The Manager: Enterprise Automation will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Guide the development, implementation and maintenance of a strategy and framework for Enterprise Automation.
- Develop and maintain Enterprise Automation standards and policies, and ensure that these are available to stakeholders.
- Reduce the mean time to recovery (MTTR), thereby improving the efficiency and business processes and operations.
- Define and manage the toolset portfolio that drive operational efficiencies across the organisation
- Provides granular, transparent, and thorough level of details that can be analysed to identify patterns and to provide insights to make continuous improvements across the enterprise.
- Identify and fix incoming problem tickets through rapid resolution of incidents and elimination of human errors that can impact enterprise systems.
- Monitor the systems for irregularities, and when an irregularity is identified follow an appropriate series of actions that are specific to the situation in order to remediate the issue.
- Perform analytics to measure the effectiveness of automation and patterns and to feed information that can be used for new development, changes, or root problem determination.
- Mine data from the environment to determine priority for automation and identify patterns that are meaningful for automation.
- Monitor the behaviour of the automation, detect failures and identify dependencies to avoid future failure.
- Continuously monitor the environment of the organisation to detect new patterns, not stopping at the first pattern identification but continuing to look for additional opportunities for improvements, and removing old patterns that are no longer used, obsolete and redundant.
- Adopt an analytics-driven, continual service improvement process to propose new automation, and use cases and updates to those deployed already by considering trends in the behaviour of active (deployed) automation, new trends in the organisation’s environment, service requests etc.
- Apply industry best practice to Enterprise Automation solutions.
- Provide guidance and expertise to stakeholders on Enterprise Automation related issues.
- Provide support in the resolution of Enterprise Automation related problems and escalate those that cannot be resolved.
- Provide insight into (or take the lead on) projects / programmes impacting Enterprise Automation initiatives or objectives.
- Assist in managing relationships with third party IT vendors / suppliers
- Minimum of 3 year tertiary degree / diploma
- Relevant certification / accreditation / membership with professional body as required for role
- Fluent in language of country with basic command of English
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an area of specialisation coupled with supervising / managing others
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies (advantageous)
- Experience working in a small to medium organization
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to MTN career website on www.linkedin.com to apply