Senior Java Web Developer with Java Experience at Singular Systems (Pty) Ltd
Posted on: 18 December, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT/Telecommunications
View All Jobs at Singular Systems (Pty) Ltd
We, at Singular Systems, are client focused and our primary objective is to use innovative software technology to solve our clients’ business challenges. Since the birth of Singular in March 2002, Anthony Wilmot and Nick Kruiskamp have built a strong team of finance and IT professionals which is the platform from which Singular Systems has expanded into the market leader in software development it is today.
Initially we focused on providing software products and outsourcing services in the niche areas of share scheme administration and Capital Gains Tax (CGT) but as early as 2003, Singular Systems’ service offering extended from supporting our existing software products to also building bespoke software solutions for our clients. Anthony's vision was borne out of the reality that many companies use standard software packages but that none of these achieve more than an 80% "business fit" at best. Our intervention, built around a well-developed business process, and drawing on many years of experience, delivers a customised software solution that will achieve a "business fit" of 100% when matched against a client's requirements.
Over the years we have further developed our range of flexible, stand-alone software products to support existing client systems. Each of these can, if necessary, be refined to fit a client's unique business model.
- Senior Agile Web Developer with Java Experience
- Experience: 7 years +
Team and Opportunity:
- Singular Systems is looking for a candidate with proven experience in Agile Web Development and considerable exposure to the Java technical stack to play a critical role in the building of a highly proficient development team in the financial services industry.
- The successful candidate will undertake a strategic position within Singular Systems, a well-established FinTech company, to drive an Angular Web Development competency and effectively service the needs within our expanding client base.
- The opportunity to be part of the creation and development of an Agile web development team that needs to identify and implement core processes to drive efficiency and success within the team.
Core Development Skills/Requirements:
- Angular 4
- Material Design
- Restful Web Services (Jax-RS)
- Soap Web Services (Jax-WS)
- Additional Development Skills/Requirements:
- JEE (Java Enterprise Edition) 7
- IDE: Eclipse/Visual Studio Code
- Web Server: JBoss (Wildfly)
Personal/Further Technical Expectations:
Self-starter with a desire to help create and establish a development team that is driven to deliver excellent web platforms and drive efficiency within the development lifecycle
- This position requires an individual who wants to be a part of the creation of the make-up and culture of a team. This includes the requirement to evolve processes and mature a team to ensure the best delivery for our clients
- Detail oriented and the ability to engage with client requirements to ensure that the delivery is fit for purpose
- Passionate about crafting high quality, maintainable and efficient code
- Build and deliver secure and performant websites, ensuring cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Functional knowledge and hands on design experience with web services (REST/SOAP)
- Solid understanding of responsive design principles and techniques
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to web applications
- Familiarity with dependency injection frameworks such as CDI and/or Spring
- Understanding of web design for performance and scalability, including design for efficient set based database access, optimizing network chatter, caching session and standing data, predictive fetching etc.
- Strong communication within a team structure
- The want to train, collaborate with and upskill fellow developers
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Singular Systems (Pty) Ltd career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs