Asset Management Analyst at a Global Renewable Energy Organisation - EarthStream
Posted on: 18 December, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at EarthStream
EarthStream is a technology & engineering recruiting specialist providing talent across multiple industry sectors many of which share commonality in their technology dependence. Engineering is at the heart of what we do from software and hardware to security, electronics and infrastructure, through to industry specific engineering disciplines. We understand industry life cycles from project to product along with the ecosystems and value chains that connect the parallel sectors we serve. Our understanding of holistic technology & engineering functions, industry knowledge and global supply capability enables us to locate the most specialist talent in the world. We are passionately driven to make a difference to our clients and candidates by providing outstanding service. Working as a dedicated team we are determined to deliver excellence in everything we do whilst ensuring we are accountable for our performance by delivering measurable value and results.
At EarthStream we prize integrity as one of our core values, this helps build long standing relationships with both our clients and candidates whilst also ensuring we hire and retain loyal, committed people within our business. By providing our clients with the talent needed to enhance and develop their teams we ensure they have the skills capability needed to drive their business forward into the next generation of technology.
Financial Management and Corporate Governance of Operating and Project Companies:
- Prepare invoices, monitor collection of revenues, handle the incoming invoices, initiate payments (e.g. payroll, taxes), propose operating cost reduction initiatives
- Ensure adequate records and books of accounts and prepare interim and annual financial statements, liaise with the auditor
- Participate in the monthly Scatec Solar Group reporting to the headquarters
- Liaise with the account bank(s) and execute bank transactions
- Ensure that each Project Company’s accounting firm is provided with such information, assistance and advice as to enable it to maintain adequate records and books of accounts, so to timely prepare periodic financial statements to meet all applicable statutory, contractual and managerial requirements; liaise with the auditor
- Update the Financial Models as and when required by the Financing Agreements, prepare and update necessary periodic financial and cash budgets and carry out the budget-to-actual variance analysis
- Assist the Secretaries of the Boards and the General Managers of the local Project Companies and the Holding Companies in preparing information for the Board meetings or the General Assemblies
- Contractual and Statutory Compliance of Project Companies:
- Help the Senior Asset Manager maintaining a correct and complete archive repository and scheduling syste
- Help procuring Project Companies’ compliance with and communication under the terms their constitutional documents and the Shareholders’ Agreements, their Project and Financing Documents
- Participate in obtaining any outstanding and support procuring continuing compliance with all consents, licenses and permits as well as applicable Laws and Regulations
- Maintain all statutory registers and do all statutory filings
- Help to ensure compliance with the insurance policies, the timely renewal and certification
- Support the compliance and further improvement work related to the applicable health, safety and environment requirements as well as social and development obligations
- On instruction from the Senior Asset Manager, liaise with technical, legal and regulatory, financial, accounting and tax, environmental and social, or insurance advisers.
- Support Facility Management process collaborating with the Board Association, as well as support with social and economic development advisor as well as the EPC and O&M Contactors, ensure compliance with the social and economic development obligations undertaken by each Project Company
Operational Oversight of Project Companies:
- Monitor on weekly/monthly basis the plant’s electricity production, downtime and performance, in cooperation with the O&M Contractor prepare production root cause analysis
- Analyse the variation proposals received from the O&M or EPC Contractors, review or prepare cost estimates related to corrective maintenance, spare parts and warranties
- Visit the project sites and the local communities.
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, preferably at Masters level
- At least [4-5] years of working experience within the areas of finance management, project-related asset management, project finance-related banking or advisory, corporate finance or controlling, accounting or auditing
- Expertise in budgeting, internal controls
- International experience or experience with working in foreign-owned subsidiaries is an advantage
- Preferably experience in the renewable industry, real estate or infrastructure sector
- Preferably experience with administration of project-financed agreements
- Corporate governance and Board work experience is an advantage
- Experience from working in smaller business start-ups is highly relevant.
Skills and abilities:
- Proven process management skills
- Good communication skills
- Dedicated, flexible and adaptable with a “can-do” attitude
- Organized and methodical, able to handle complex contracts, calculations and reports
- High social and intercultural competence, able to coordinate and communicate with external parties
- Team player and able to work under pressure
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to EarthStream career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs