Mining Engineer at ERG Africa
Posted on: 19 December, 2017
Deadline: 12 January, 2018
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Mining
View All Jobs at ERG Africa
Eurasian Resources Group S.a.r.l. («ERG»), which is registered in Luxembourg, is a leading diversified natural resources company with the integrated mining, processing, energy, logistics and marketing operations. In 2014 the Company has celebrated its 20-year anniversary.
Today ERG is the world's largest ferrochrome producer by chrome content and one of the key producers of iron ore and alumina worldwide. Eurasian Resources Group has a portfolio of production assets and development projects on four continents, being one of the major employers in the industry. Globally the Group is represented by over 80.000 employees.
The role is to provide direction in the mine design and strategic planning to support safe, sustainable and profitable mining operations.
- University Degree in Mining Engineering.
- 10 years of experience in production and mine planning.
- Surpac and Whittle software proficient.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- technical expertise to support the assumptions in mining reserves updates.
- Provide technical engineering expertise to operations to optimise mine operations as well as potential development projects and acquisitions.
- Ensure that all public mine related public disclosure is current and in compliance with current legislation requirements.
- Review planning and design proposals and executing the implementation of continuous improvement projects.
- Act as a resource and provide engineering and economic guidance to the business development and exploration groups.
- Assist with the devProvide elopment of long term planning strategies for the operations and development projects.
- Take a lead role in updating and maintaining business and financial models.
- Provide engineering expertise, technical advice and support to major projects in various stages of development.
- Ensure that ERG Africa’s engineering policies and procedures are followed and implemented.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ms Office and research skills.
- Financial and business acumen.
- Good networking skills.
- Analytical and report writing skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Problem solving and decision making capabilities.
- Forward thinking and the ability to pay good attention to detail.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to ERG Africa career website on erg.erecruit.co.za to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ERG AfricaSimilar Jobs
- ETL Developer at MineRP