General Manager at an Automotive Company - Outcor Recruitment
Posted on: 19 December, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering
View All Jobs at Outcor Recruitment
Outcor Recruitment strives to offer business owners and hiring managers the opportunity to concentrate on their own core business, whilst providing expertise and support thereby assisting the business owner in making important hiring and HR decisions. The business owner has the choice of giving Outcor Recruitment as much or as little control as is necessary. Outcor Recruitment offers support in every aspect of the recruitment lifecycle from Sourcing and Interviewing to Negotiating Remuneration packages, Recruitment Planning and Direction. We understand how important it is for our clients to streamline their resource costs and we also believe that one of the biggest challenges facing any business in South Africa at the moment, is the ability to find and retain the best talent for their business. With this in mind, we are able to structure solutions best suited to each of our clients’ needs, ultimately leading to growth and profitability for our clients in the long term. With a combination of 24 years of recruitment experience expanding over various industries we have built up a strong database of clients and candidates alike. Our expertise covers dealing with SMME’s to corporate and enterprise clients. We also cover all levels of positions within business from your receptionist to EXCO. Our speciality industries include: • IT & Telecoms • Engineering • Commercial and Finance • Marketing & Sales • HR People are the key components to your business! Through partnering with Outcor Recruitment we gain invaluable insight as to how to identify the exact talent you require. Our core business is sourcing and making available the best candidates in the industry to our clients. Let us take care of that while you focus on what is important to you!
The role will be based at Head Office on the East Rand, JHB. Previous similar experience is essential as you will be responsible for providing parts operational support to the dealer network. You will also lead the Importers parts function in order to optimize service, and ensure sustained profitability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establish, enhance and optimize qualitative processes and work-flow in all aspects of parts management
- Responsible for inventory management which includes, amongst others Stockholding/ordering, Obsolescence/Ageing
- Segment performance
- Establish KPI’s and the required reports to assess parts management performance
- Set and manage the commercial performance of the dealer network.
- Responsible for parts service levels to the dealer network
- Responsible for the efficient operation of the warehouse, operations reviews and strategic plans.
- Implement productivity and quality standards.
- Meets warehouse operations financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget;
- Scheduling expenditures, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Management of parts vendor relationships and 3rd party service delivery processes
- Ensure the parts operation meets all Occupational Health & Safety requirements.
- Maintain warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and developing employees.
- Responsible for development of an accessory strategy to enhance our vehicle product offering.
- Responsible for building commercial alliances, including BBBEE initiatives and for development of original parts panel business.
- To set-up the organization (including recruitment) and the different management “tools” and Processes, in order to monitor and ensure the performance of the Team of Field Managers
- To follow-up the indicators of each dealer (workshop and warehouse activities, warranty, personnel training), to respect the visual standards, and the deployment of the commercial actions
- To propose action plans for dealers in accordance with company recommendations
Experience and Skills Required:
- Degree / Post-degree business qualification
- 3-5 years experience in parts logistics in at a senior level
- Systems experience: Automate, SAP and Autoline
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to mine and evaluate data to identify problems and root causes
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to understand complex technical issues and communicate them in a manner easily understandable by others
- Project management from identifying defects in the current state to implementing solutions that result in the desired state
- Highly effective team leadership
- Strategic Orientation
- Above average PC skills with demonstrated ability to use Microsoft products (word, excel, powerpoint, outlook, etc)
- Position will require some travel
Note: Screening of candidates will happen in the first week of January 2018. Should you not hear from us before the end of January, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Outcor Recruitment career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs