Senior Manager: Learning at Nedbank
Posted on: 19 December, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking/Financial Services
View All Jobs at Nedbank
Nedbank Group Limited is a bank holding company that operates as one of the four largest banking groups in South Africa. The company's shares have been listed on the JSE Limited since 1969. The group offers a wide range of wholesale and retail banking services through four main business clusters, namely Nedbank Corporate and Investment Banking, Nedbank Retail and Business Banking and Nedbank Wealth. Nedbank Group focuses on southern Africa, with the group positioned to be a bank for all – both from a retail and wholesale banking perspective. The principal services offered by the group comprise business, corporate and retail banking, property finance, investment banking, private banking, foreign exchange and securities trading. Nedbank Group also generates income from private equity, credit card issuing and processing services, custodial services, unit trust administration, asset management services and bancassurance.
To create and manage the implementation of the Learning and Development strategy within business units to achieve business strategy.
- Align and operationalise strategy for Cluster to meet objectives by interpreting the business, Group HR- and Group Learning and Development strategy.
- Design Business Unit/ Cluster Learning and Development Strategy and the implementation thereof.
- Address business needs by translating business requirements into Learning and Development requirements and by developing implementation plan/s.
- Address client requirements and operationalise implementation plan.
- Ensure the appropriate actions are taken where required by monitoring progress of the implementation plan.
- Address deviations from standards and requirements to meet client expectations by managing Learning feedback exceptions.
- Ensure transformational targets for own team are met.
- Contribute to a culture of transformation by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives, business strategy, and CSI.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise, ensuring personal and professional growth.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and values, leading by example.
- Ensure culture survey results improve year on year. Ensure a client service culture through various by delivering world class service.
- Identify areas of resource inefficiencies and promote optimisation through multi-skilling and addressing capacity gaps.
- Reduce cost and improve work processes and productivity. Manage associated budget for implementation plan. Ensure accurate budget for the Cluster.
- Ensure timelines are met as agreed with stakeholders. Provide agreed information, resources, professional advice and strategic contribution by analysing requirements and delivering Learning and Development solutions in the most cost effective manner, within agreed timeline and meeting financial and business objectives.
- Ensure payment, analysing and approving all vendor invoices.
- Manage client relationships to enable strategy and address training needs.
- Engage with clients to determine and understand the learning needs that will address business objectives.
- Select and source vendors. Address identified business development needs.
- Ensure the development solution address requirements and ensure delivery within agreed timelines by contracting and negotiating with vendor/s, addressing any deviations. Create networks for building collaborative relationships.
- Optimise efficiency and embed the correct values by ensuring that team understand and support Nedbank’s vision, values and strategy.
- Manage performance of team and hold them accountable for managing the performance of their teams by implementing performance agreements and ensuring a clear vision. Identify talent pool through conducting career conversations and using the talent grid principles and by developing talent retention programmes.
- Build depth of skills and knowledge in the team of managers by sharing knowledge and insight with team members.
- Achieve continuous improvement goals and create an environment whereby self, managers and team are encouraged to challenge the status quo by initiating constructive debates about work practices and areas for improvement.
Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Honours Degree (HR Development, HR, Education, Industrial Psychology, Business Management)
- Minimum Experience Level
- 3- 5 years Learning and Development industry experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nedbank career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs