Graphic Specialist at afrozaar
Posted on: 19 December, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT/Telecommunications
View All Jobs at afrozaar
Afrozaar is a software engineering company specialising in the delivery of solutions to the publishing, broadcasting and media industries. Afrozaar have the following digital products and platforms: - BaobabSuite.com (Content Redistribution Platform) - Digital Asset Library (Cloud based, Elastic Search, Digital Asset Repository) - Multimedia Mobile Apps - Entitlement Management - MojoReporter.com and UGC modules - WordPress APIs and Plugins for publishers As a close-knit team of engineers and tech-junkies, we’re constantly pushing the boundaries of app framework development and efficient content distribution techniques.
The candidate is involved in and contributes to the conceptual development and delivery of visual design. They possess excellent visual design skills and a strong sense of graphic, web and screen design, as well as a high level of understanding of visual solutions for smaller portable screens. They can contribute to design projects and pitches and have an appreciation of interaction design. The candidate will also be expected to be able to communicate effectively and possesses a commercial understanding and awareness.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Participate in brainstorms or user-focused offerings.
- Assisting the development of branding and identity solutions for both internal and external clients.
- Provide screen-based solutions focusing on UI design and concepting across channels such as mobile, web, PC applications and interactive TV.
- Provide assets to the various teams in an efficient and timely manner
- Be involved in the preparation and crafting of presentations for conferences, events and workshops (including print).
- Actively seek and receive ‘critical’ feedback (critique), and participate in feedback conversations.
- Work on projects from concept and sketching to final design and asset creation.
- Work with high profile brands and within tight brand guidelines and timescales.
- Assist in the creation of set brand guidelines and specifications.
- Ensure continued professional development in personal area of specialism.
- Effectively build and maintain relationships across teams.
- Actively share knowledge and experience.
- Assist in raising the profile of Afrozaar and its accompanying brands, working closely with the Marketing department.
Knowledge, experience and technical skills:
- Proficient in relevant software packages including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch and InVision.
- Demonstrable skills in illustration, photography, or diagrammatic expertise and iconography are an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Able to demonstrate good written and verbal English skills.
- Willingness to perform other related duties as and when required.
- Keen to learn, with a willingness to broaden skill set across all Design competencies.
- Able to multi-task, prioritise and perform well under pressure.
- Proactive, self-sufficient and professional, with strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Engage with and work within changing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to develop and maintain open, honest and trusting relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing environment.
- Able to demonstrate initiative.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail.
- Minimum X years experience.
- Concept Artwork
- UI Designs for Design prototypes
- UI Screen Designs and assets for implementation
- Design annotations and documentation
- Brand Identity Design guidelines
- Motion graphics
- Store Assets
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to afrozaar career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about afrozaarSimilar Jobs
- Premier Field Engineer at Microsoft
- Experienced Website Designer at Digital Marketing PTA
- Job Vacancies at Vodafone - 5 Positions
- Job Openings at 2Way Systems - 2 Positions
- Job Vacancy at Dell - 2 Positions
- Senior Software Developer at NCR Corporation
- Product Manager at MiX Telematics
- Director of Strategy and Operations at CRYPTO20