On any given day, two billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life.
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.
Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names such as Blue Band, Pureit and Suave.
For us, sustainability is integral to how we do business. With 7 billion people on our planet, the earth’s resources can be strained. This means sustainable growth is the only acceptable model of growth for our business. The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan sets out to decouple our growth from our environmental impact, while at the same time increasing our positive social impact. Our Plan has three big goals that by 2020 will enable us to:
- Help more than a billion people to improve their health and well-being.
- Halve the environmental footprint of our products.
- Source 100% of our agricultural raw materials sustainably and enhance the livelihoods of people across our value chain.
We believe that as a business we have a responsibility to our consumers and to the communities in which we have a presence. Around the world we invest in local economies and develop people’s skills inside and outside of Unilever. And through our business and brands, we run a range of programmes to promote hygiene, nutrition, empowerment and environmental awareness.
Main Job Purpose
- The Regional Logistics Officer (RLO) is responsible to manage a massive regional Unilever warehouse (50k – 100k pallet positions and the factory transit bays for the region.
- The RLO is responsible to drive operational excellence, customer service, deliver end-to-end SC efficiencies, work closely with the transport team, identify drive and implement cost reduction opportunities, Manages the budget and manages multiple 3PLs to operationally run the facilities.
- Development and implementation of new innovations/ improvements to positively impact cost, service, and carbon emissions.
Continuous improvement/ Productivity & Cost:
- Identify and implement end-to-end SC efficiencies and cost savings opportunities.
- Operationally execute global best practice initiatives and ensure operational excellence.
- Warehouse benchmark analysis and implementation plan.
- Analyse warehouse costs and budget to find innovative solutions that will reduce cost.
- Support any savings project by driving with relevant team – team collaboration.
- Manage total budget, overtime and costs.
- Drive and land labour flex model.
- Understand warehouse and transport related CCFOT (Customer Case Fill On Time) losses and lead and drive the loss reduction plan focussing on eliminating the top losses.
- Drive increase in operational excellence and accuracy that should result in a decrease in damages, shorts/ overs and customer credit notes.
- Drive customer service opportunities with key suppliers in collaboration with UL customers.
- Remain on top of market trends and innovations in the warehouse industry and drive implementation where relevant
3PL Performance Management
- Lead Weekly SLA performance and monthly Management meetings with all 3PLs to ensure performance
- Accident/incident management
- SHE, Quality, Maintenance and inventory of sites responsible are compliant and operationally excellent.
- Lead both UL and 3PL teams at sites of accountability.
- Responsible to drive site collaborative and performance culture.
- Ensure high accountability and delivery against tasks assigned.
- People development & management
- Support warehouse Manager in delivery recruitment and training for new resource requirements.
- Internal: Africa Transport Team, Customer Service Centre, Customer Service Excellence, Warehouse Team, UL Business partners (Supply Management, finance, HR, quality and SHE)
- External: 3PL, Supplier Logistics, Hauliers, Customers
- Bachelors/ Btech, preferably in supply chain
- 3-5 years working experience; in warehouse, inventory, logistics environment
- Advanced excel skill essential
- Stock Management experience
- SAP and Business Intelligence programs
- 3P management skills
- Continuous Improvement activities (TPM, WCM, TOC, 6 Sigma trained)
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical and solution driven (out of the box thinking)
- End-to-end Supply chain understanding in order to drive strategy
- Risk management and attention to detail are essential
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Unilever career website on unilever.taleo.net to apply