RINA Consulting is the engineering consultancy division of the RINA Group. Working alongside clients, as a trusted technical partner, RINA Consulting provides a wide range of traditional and innovative services to critical industry sectors, including oil & gas, power, renewables, space & defence, transport & infrastructure sectors. With more than 1,700 talented professionals, we have depth of experience across many engineering disciplines allowing us to support clients at every phase of their project – from initial concept and design, through to operation, maintenance and decommissioning. We are committed to provide services that are of the highest quality for our clients, adding value to their business through our technical advice and support – managing risk, operating safely, and optimising performance in a sustainable way.
We are now looking for strong candidates to support our continued growth and expansion in this exciting market. Responsibilities include:
- Delivering technical due diligence on large scale solar PV and/or wind projects for Investors, Lenders, IPPs and Developers
- Monitoring and reporting on PV and/or wind projects through the construction and operational phases
- Providing technical engineering support on PV and/or wind projects at all stages of the project development cycle
- Reviewing of resource, technologies, structural studies, electrical design, contractual documentation, environmental studies, planning permission, health and safety reports, grid offers and grid connection agreements
- EPC tender design, co-ordination, management, evaluation and review
- Project risk management, including construction, operational, and financial risk
- Reviewing and preparing technical and non-technical reports
- People and project management, ensuring effective communication within the internal team and stakeholders
- Leading business development activities i.e. development of new solutions, proposal writing and client presentations.
Desirable qualifications & experience
- Experience (>4 years) working in the large scale solar PV and/or wind sector across at least some of the role responsibilities detailed above
- Consultancy experience or Lenders TA, Construction Monitoring or Owner’s Engineering experience
- Engineering degree (or relevant technical degree)
- Project and/or people management experience
- Knowledge of the design, construction, operations and maintenance of electrical / mechanical PV system components
- Understanding of project development economics and project finance
- Related technologies experience e.g. distribution & transmission systems, rooftop systems, battery storage etc
- Cross disciplinary knowledge, e.g. PV, wind, CSP, biomass, conventional combustion technologies
- Prior experience with the South African renewables market.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to RINA career website on www.linkedin.com to apply