With a hearty amount of exquisite plants, garden and home décor, accessories, hardware and tools; our team of passionate experts, creatives and enthusiasts collaborate to create the kind of environment where you come to feed your soul. Because to inspire the creative, the garden guru, the newbie, the young enthusiast and the passionate home owner – that is our lifestyle. The kind of lifestyle that is created in an attempt to ultimately help you to create and choose your lifestyle.
In this role you will develop, deliver and communicate visual concepts and strategies to promote retail brands, products and services in-store. You will work with plant material, decor and hardware products .
The Visual designer we choose must collaborate closely with different departments to create annual visual strategies and promotional events in order to entertain, excite and maintain the interest of the target markets.
In general, activities may include some or all of the following:
- liaising with teams such as buying, design and marketing to create design themes and plans, often months in advance, including window and in-store displays, signage and pricing concepts
- conducting research on current and future trends in design and lifestyle, and associated target market features
- meeting with business, sales managers and retail managers to discuss sales strategies
- identifying and sourcing props, fabrics, hardware and lighting
- maintaining a budget and negotiating with suppliers of visual materials
- working with architectural features of stores to maximise the available space
- using artistic skills or computer-aided design (CAD) packages, such as AutoCAD, Mockshop or Adobe Creative Suite, to create visuals and plans
- creating visual merchandising packs to communicate visual guidelines including layout principles, visual dressings and signage - usually applies to those based in a head office
- assembling or dismantling visual displays in windows or in-store
- carrying out 'comp (comparison) shops' to maintain awareness of other retailers' visual merchandising concepts
- leading and motivating teams to complete displays to tight deadlines
- seeking feedback from colleagues and customers on the visual impact of displays and implementing changes.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Lifestyle Home Garden career website on www.linkedin.com to apply