Nedbank Group Limited is a bank holding company that operates as one of the four largest banking groups in South Africa. The company's shares have been listed on the JSE Limited since 1969. The group offers a wide range of wholesale and retail banking services through four main business clusters, namely Nedbank Corporate and Investment Banking, Nedbank Retail and Business Banking and Nedbank Wealth. Nedbank Group focuses on southern Africa, with the group positioned to be a bank for all – both from a retail and wholesale banking perspective. The principal services offered by the group comprise business, corporate and retail banking, property finance, investment banking, private banking, foreign exchange and securities trading. Nedbank Group also generates income from private equity, credit card issuing and processing services, custodial services, unit trust administration, asset management services and bancassurance
We are looking for a C# developer responsible for building C# applications, including anything from back-end services to their client-end counterparts. In this role your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Our ideal candidate should therfore show a commitment to collaborative problem solving, build sophisticated design, and ensure a quality product at all time. Join us to make an Impact!
- Analyse, Design, Build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable multi-tiered applications in C#.
- Analyse business requirement specifications and translate requirement into development tasks.
- Maintain a good relationship with the stakeholders and clients.
- Engage with all stakeholders through various forums to share and keep up to date with industry knowledge.
- Build and maintain relationship with clients through regular communication; visits; calls and events.
- Meet service delivery requirements by building collaborative relationships with stakeholders through various forums.
- Keep clients up to date by distributing relevant industry information.
- Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders' businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations.
- Review bottlenecks and changes that affects system performance.
- Meet tight and demanding deadlines under pressure (adhoc / prototype projects)
- Maintain and develop frontend and backend solutions for Nedbank.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Suggest improvements for performance, availability and reliability.
- Code review & documentation
- Legacy system maintenance
- Mentor juniors
- Matric / Grade 12 / Nation Senior Certificate
- Post Matric Qualification
- BSc in Computer Science/ IT
- Diploma/ BTech in Software Development/ IT
- MCSD Certification – added advantage (not a must)
Minimum Experience Level
3 years in analysis, designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable multi-tiered applications in C#.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- .NET framework
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes (SQL Server 2005 - 2014)
- ASP.net / MVC
- Entity Framework / ADO.net
- Web Services / WCF
- Windows Services
- Web API
- System Architecture and Design
- Agile / Scrum
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Decision Making
- Compelling Communication
- Driving for Results
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nedbank career website on jobs.nedbank.co.za to apply