Executive Assistant (EA) at SPARK Schools
Posted on: 19 December, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Education
View All Jobs at SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary school students. Students learn in both the traditional classroom setting and our innovative Learning Lab.
The SPARK Schools model combines highly engaging classroom teaching, individualised instruction in the Learning Lab, partnership with families and the community, and dedicated professional development for teachers and school leaders to facilitate student achievement. SPARK Schools students prepare for university and successful careers by excelling academically, practicing creative thinking skills, and demonstrating core values that emphasize cooperative citizenship and love of learning.
- Act as a first point of contact by representing the company in a positive manner.
- Provides comprehensive support services to the CEO that ensures a professional, responsive and effective experience with the SPARK network as a whole.
- Provides sophisticated calendar management through the booking of meetings, conference calls and travel.
- Plans complex travel arrangements. Becomes familiar with the specific, detailed needs of the CEO and travel partners and be available during travel times to quickly address any last minute changes or cancellations.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Prioritises enquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts with little guidance; makes judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Compiles meeting minutes, writes reports, prepares correspondence and prioritises items that need attention.
- Accurately tracks expenses for CEO by managing credit cards and receipts. Processes and submits receipts accurately and on schedule.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses a high degree of discretion.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Ideally tertiary qualification or in the process of completing a degree
- At least four of years of experience supporting a director or member of an executive committee.
Skills and Mindsets
- High-level clerical skills, such as advanced proficiency with google docs, spreadsheets and databases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation and as a relationship builder.
- Displays engaging interpersonal skills including the ability to think and act strategically, provide sound judgement, and provide a positive and energetic attitude.
- Ability to manage deadlines and prioritise work.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to SPARK Schools career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about SPARK SchoolsSimilar Jobs
- Job Opening at American International School of Johannesburg
- Lecturer at University of Cape Town
- Job Opening at University of Pretoria/Universiteit van Pretoria
- Programmer at EDU Africa
- Job Opening at University of South Africa/Universiteit van Suid-Afrika
- English Teacher at Intelligent Partners
- Job Opening at University of Cape Town