Mechanical Maintenance Engineer at Airports Company South Africa
Posted on: 20 December, 2017
Deadline: 21 January, 2018
View Jobs in Aviation / Airline
View All Jobs at Airports Company South Africa
Airports Company South Africa was formed in 1993 as a public company and, although majority owned by the South African Government, is legally and financially autonomous and operates under commercial law. Over the years, the company has transformed a fragmented, infrastructural parastatal into a focused, customer driven, efficient and commercially successful business. The company manages a network of nine airports in South Africa, including the three main international gateways of O.R. Tambo International, Cape Town International and King Shaka International Airports. In 2012, the nine airports facilitated nearly 36 million passenger
The successful candidate reporting to the Manager Mechanical Maintenance will be responsible for:
- Maintain airport mechanical infrastructure (Jet Fuel Infrastructure, Pumps, Air-conditioning, lifts, etc.).
- Supporting development of a strategy for infrastructure and asset management that is integrated, multidiscipline and enables the long-term sustainability of the company’s asset and infrastructure.
- Translating organisational goals applicable to area of responsibility as derived from business plan into clear direction, implement effectively and efficiently and ensure that appropriate remedial actions are taken.
- Developing/Adopting and entrench Mechanical Engineering standards and frameworks for general infrastructure development.
- Developing engineering briefs for mechanical initiatives.
- Engaging in projects from conceptualisation to implementation and commissioning.
- Development and implementation of asset maintenance programmes throughout the group.
- Ensure compliance to relevant statutory/legislative regulations, SOP’s, operational standards, policies, and practices.
- Ensure the maintenance contracts are aligned to ACSA requirements to comply with stakeholder and related legislative requirements to ensure continuous operations.
- Management of consultant, contractors, and service providers through applicable conditions of contract.
- Compile, manage and account for relevant budgets per business requirements and specifications.
- Assist with the building of technical competence in the organisation.
- Manage maintenance CAPEX projects.
- Reporting on budget variances.
Technical Skills and Experience
- B Sc / B Eng (Hons) / B Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
- 6 years’ Operational experience in Engineering and Contract Management.
- 3 years’ Stakeholder Management experience.
- 1-year Operational experience in an Airport environment is recommended.
- Registration and membership of ECSA and SAIME recommended.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Code 8 driver’s licence is essential.
- The ideal candidate must set definite milestones and actions for achieving goals.
- The candidate is expected to be aware of the market, will manage negotiation and achieve a win-win outcome where conflicting interests arises.
- An ideal candidate should demonstrate exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written and be detail oriented.
- It is critical that the ideal candidate has technical and functional knowledge and skills for the job is tactful and can communicate in a non-confrontational and polite manner.
- It is expected of the candidate to solve challenging problems by utilising combination of intuition and analytical thinking while directing and empowering others.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Airports Company South Africa career website on acsa.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Airports Company South AfricaSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancy at Airports Company South Africa - 2 Positions