Point was established in 2006 in response to a growing need from large corporates to manage and measure their print, point of sale, promo and digital marketing spends. Many of our clients had their own internal print procurement operations but decided to outsource this operation to our specialist team. We partner closely with our clients to manage and identify the key areas of spend across the entire business. This includes marketing, point of sale, in-store marketing, permanent units, corporate affairs, transactional print, training and direct mail. Point provides dedicated on-site expertise, colour management, Digital Asset Management, procurement support and consultancy. We use world-class technologies to form printflow, our bespoke Marketing Services Management and Procurement platform. Point is strictly a 'can do' business and is currently managing the largest spend of any marketing materials procurement consultant in the region.
The Regional Operations Manager is responsible for encouraging collaborative thinking and regional growth within existing accounts. Manages daily activity and Account Managers from a quality of delivery perspective, ensuring accuracy of data and reporting on operational processes. The Regional Operations Manger will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the regional business, will provide support to the Account Managers in the Johannesburg Region and will be an intermediary between Account Managers and the Services Director.
- It is essential that prospective candidates have an extensive knowledge of print and very beneficial to have knowledge on all Marketing channels, including Above the line (ATL), Below the line BTL) and Through the line (TTL) marketing activity. The ideal candidate would be one from a Printing, Print sales, Marketing Production, Print Marketing or Advertising Agency background.
- Experience in Marketing in an FMCG company, Retail business, Financial Services, Advertising agency and, or Advertising production facility would be beneficial.
- The Regional Operations Manager will be expected to complete their duties as part of an efficient team, and they will be authorized to carry out all operational activities. Reporting directly to the Services Director and work closely with Client Services.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Relationship Management and Opportunities :
- Account Manager Management - Providing a support structure to Account Managers and ensuring Account Managers are provided with the tools to reach their targets.
- Partner with the Services Director to align the Point’s Operational policies with the operational tasks of Account Managers and their teams.
- Ensuring that cross and intra client communication and interaction on value adding drives are shared amongst Account Managers within the region.
- Provide feedback to the Services Director on Regional issues and concerns.
- Conduct high-level briefings through regular meetings and providing feedback to the Services Director.
- Identify areas of client growth and developing supportive frameworks to support additional scope and enhance existing relationships.
- Ensure the culture of Savings is understood and effectively implemented and driven by Account Managers.
- Effective management of people across all accounts and the implementation of correct steps to enhance performance, conduct and operational outcomes.
- Ensure Team Support of the Account Directors.
- Account Management (30%)
- Supervises Business Units, and support staff based in each account from a management perspective.
- Ensures that processes and procedures are put in place and aligned with Point’s culture and Operational Programs implemented
- , continue to roll out with excellence.
- Ensures operational excellence in close co-operation with the all-key stakeholders.
- Ensures proper roles and responsibilities are implemented for all operational business units.
- Ensures appropriate process documentation is in place.
- Ensures and improves the efficiency and quality of administrative support and work systems. Collaborates with staff to create the needed work systems and processes to maximize the effectiveness of the team.
- Develops, coaches & mentors staff to enhance performance, job satisfaction & professional development.
- Conducts and coordinates performance appraisals for these teams. Initiates performance improvement plans in consultation with the Services Director.
- Promoting collaborative thinking between Account Manager, Print buyers and suppliers.
- Understands and interprets supplier ability, matching services to required needs.
- Working closely with the Supply Chain management team to proactively manage suppliers and perform periodic reviews.
- Work closely with the Industrial Design Team.
Desired Skills & Experience
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree / qualification or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in the Printing Industry.
- Professional Experience in a managerial position or Regional Operations position advantageous.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Key Competencies
- Account Management Skills
- Ability to follow processes and manage projects from conception to delivery
- Out of the box thinker and adaptable
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and be proactive
- Ability to solve problems and be highly organized
- The ability to motivate and lead teams
- Project Management
- Technical knowledge
- Print and Finishing knowledge
- DTP skills/knowledge
- IT skills
- Understanding of Marketing environment
- Administrative skills
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to manage staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful self reliant and professional
- Highly efficient, organized and pays attention to detail
- Ability to delegate
- Positive outlook and calm under pressure
- Passionate about Print and POSM
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Point - Marketing Services Partner career website on www.linkedin.com to apply