MultiChoice South Africa's activities involve the operation of Pay-Television and internet subscriber platforms. The MultiChoice South Africa group includes the digital satellite Pay-Television business ("DStv"), which has been in operation since 1995. Other businesses in the group are; M-Net (delivers thematic channels and exclusive content to DStv subscribers) and SuperSport (provides comprehensive coverage of local and global sport). DStv Media Sales (commercial airtime sales and on-air sponsorship), DStv Mobile (mobile television content and services), MWEB (internet service provider), DStv Online (delivering entertainment content and services from the MultiChoice family to customers via breakthrough technologies), Commerce Zone (e-procurement solutions) and Smart Village (gated community services) also form part of the group. MultiChoice's involvement in South Africa goes beyond it's core business. Through its corporate social investment, the company actively participates in social transformation and, through technology, enables individuals and communities to help themselves
Purpose of the Position:
Work across multiple divisions to coordinate IT Asset Management activities with executive management to implement the goals, metrics, policies, processes and tooling needed to optimize the value derived from all hardware and software assets and to ensure software license compliance through the application of industry best practices.
- Works across multiple divisions to develop and continually improve asset management policies, requirements, processes and metrics. Includes evaluation and selection of asset management systems, including integration with other critical systems (discovery systems, configuration management system, financial system, contract system etc.).
- Proactively maintains compliance position for key software vendors which includes performing periodic self-audits, engaging and managing external expertise where required, and providing recommendations for resolution of non-compliant situations.
- Maintains integrity of all data in the ITAM repository. Performs reconciliation between asset records with other relevant data sources such as McAfee, Active Directory, SCCM, Apple Remote Desktop, SAP; investigate and resolve exceptions.
- Provides data for support defence during software compliance audits.
- Responsible for the inventory of technology assets, maintaining a centralized asset management tracking system and ITAM repository, and maintaining visibility of all software licenses and hardware requirements.
- This position is primarily focused on management of software license compliance, hardware acquisition and allocation, maintenance renewals, life cycle planning and costing and the policies and processes to achieve this outcome.
- Conduct research related to software utilization, compliance, requirements and entitlements
- Interpret software licensing Terms and Conditions (contractual language) and reconcile it to actual deployed scenarios to determine financial exposure
- Maintain software licenses and facilitate renewals prior to expiration
- Identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services. Follow through with vendors to achieve identified savings.
- Reconcile asset records (e.g. quotes, purchase orders, invoices and contracts)
- Research and report on queries regarding, but not limited to, IT purchases, maintenance and upgrades
- Engage with the responsible hardware and software operational teams on a regular basis to review hardware utilisation and software compliance, and opportunities for optimisation
- Bachelor's degree in business or technology or equivalent experience
- Certification within at least one of the IAITAM certification(s) (CAMP, CSAM, CHAMP, CITAD, CMAM, CITAM)
- Six Sigma
- Lean Principles
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to MultiChoice career website on www.linkedin.com to apply