Honeywell is building a smarter, safer, and more sustainable world.
That’s the Power of Connected. That’s the Power of Honeywell.
Honeywell invents and manufactures technologies that address some of the world’s most critical challenges around energy, safety, security, productivity and global urbanization. We are uniquely positioned to blend physical products with software to support connected systems that improve homes, buildings, factories, utilities, vehicles and aircraft, and that enable a safer, more comfortable and more productive world. Our solutions enhance the quality of life of people around the globe and create new markets and even new industries.
Today, nearly half of our revenue is linked to energy efficient products, and a growing portion supports clean air and clean water to promote good and safe living - especially in parts of the world where the need is greatest. We are committed to enabling a better quality of life and a cleaner, more sustainable environment for future generations.
More than half of our engineers are focused on software and 100% of our global software divisions are compatible with Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI®) Maturity Level 5, which enables continuous improvement and innovation for products that are intuitive, reliable, and meet customer needs.
As a Fortune 100 company with $39.3 Billion in sales in 2016, Honeywell has established a track record of strong financial performance over time. We routinely set and achieve challenging five-year financial targets that distinguish us from our peers.
Working in our Honeywell and Client Advanced Process Control team, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of multivariable process control and optimization applications to improve plant profitability.
- Assist with any required Advanced Process Control and Control Performance Monitoring related activities to improve energy conservation, reliability, safety, and profitability of the plant.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of various controllers and evaluate whether they meet the intended objectives on a sustained basis.
- Review critically the control performance of the Advanced Process Controllers in the plant, suggest relaxation of the binding constraints and carry out the necessary tuning improvements, if necessary, to
- make the controllers further effective.
- Review the economic targets for the Advanced Process Controllers, suggest and incorporate necessary changes, to provide the right direction to the controllers. This may be required to incorporate the new
- economic indicators, if any, and make the controller to constantly work towards
- the current economic objectives.
- Identify, advise and incorporate modifications to the controller configuration, in terms of proposing addition of new variables/ constraints, deletion of the redundant variables, wherever found necessary.
- Identify faulty regulatory control loops in the system (DCS level) and carryout tuning of existing regulatory controller at DCS.
- Improve workforce understanding of Advanced Process Control applications by assisting the training department in implementing training initiatives as they apply to Advanced Process Control.
- 50 Design & Implement 25 Maintenance 25 Process control optimization
Experience And Education
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering (preferably Chemical
- with a process control specialization)
Skills And Knowledge
- Knowledge of process design/process operations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities under deadlines
- Uses advanced analysis to identify issues and works with
- others to bring resolution to complex issues
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to clearly
- present/communicate data using audience appropriate skills.
- The refinery is a complex work environment with potentially
- rapidly changing conditions - stress may come from striving to keep
- applications tuned and working to improve profitability
- Working hours can be long and non-standard due to
- turnarounds, unit start-ups, or call outs
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Honeywell career website on honeywell.csod.com to apply