Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture.
- To live the safety standards, code of conduct and ethic principles of the Dow Chemical Co and ensure that the development work is carried out using the highest standards in terms of sustainable development.
- To complete development work using the Scientific Method, carry out bibliographies, formulate technical hypothesis, develop test plans, carry experiments and provide conclusions and recommendations.
- To identify and understand the end use application needs, working closely with the sales and marketing functions and with the rest of their technical support teams.
- To interface with technical and commercial teams and counter parties within the customer's organization. To translate identified needs into product and application development opportunities. To establish and maintain sound relationships with counter parties.
- To develop and implement new products, applications and technologies.
- To document experiment findings in Data Lab book and in CRI reports for technical developments.
- To protect innovation by using the appropriate Intellectual Property tool such as writing invention concept disclosures.
- To charter new projects with clear descriptions of the project scope, the timeline for project milestones and the assessment of the value of the opportunity.
- To assess competitive products and identify emerging competitive technology threats.
- Master degree in Agricultural Science or Polymers or Food Processing Engineering
- An experience in Plastics Packaging and Plastic Transformation technologies or chemical engineering.
experience of at least 5 years in Reasearch & Development or Technical Service positions
- Languages skills: Fluency in English and an extra language is a plus
- Flexibility: traveling within the region up to 40 %
- Skills: strong communication & interpersonal skills, outgoing, creative, curious, can do attitude, open minded to changes
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to The Dow Chemical Company career website on www.dow.com to apply