Santam Limited is the largest short-term insurer in South Africa, with a market share in excess of 22%, providing short-term insurance products through broker networks and direct sales channels. The company was established in 1918 and offers personal, commercial, and corporate insurance solutions. Santam is a subsidiary of Sanlam Limited and has been listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) since 1964.
- Digital Assessment has a position available for Motor Desktop Assessor that will be based in Menlyn offices.
- The purpose of this position is to determine the quantum and merit of segmented motor claims by performing investigations, verifying the description of the event with the loss, negotiating with (client, intermediary, service providers) and settlement of claims within a delegated threshold and according to contract conditions.
- Assess damage against a provided or requested quotation.
- Decide whether to replace, repair part or use aftermarket spares when warranty has expired
- Negotiate telephonically with MBR using photographic evidence
- Resegment to mobile as per SOP
- Generate claims report
- Communicate and negotiate with the client or intermediary
- Determine market value of vehicle for settlement (valuation)
- Determine outstanding finance details, release settlements and documents to salvage inventory
- Authorise for repair or cash settlement
- Make notes on systems, process claims and upload documents
- Capture RSS
- Load the order amendments
- Responsible to sign off the final quantum (FRC)
- Handle complaints, queries and interaction with clients, intermediaries, service providers, internal stakeholders relationship managers, claims committee and underwriters.
- Moderate claims from more than R15 000 to R35 000
- Two years trainee motor assessing, automotive mechanic, automotive body repairer or automotive spray painter experience or Vehicle Damage Quantification Qualification (VDQ) with two years’ experience
- 2+ years motor assessing experience.
- Stolen vehicle module
- Qualified automotive mechanic or automotive body repairer
- CBMT (Competency Based Modular Training)
Attained Product Training In The Following Areas:
- Motor modules for PL, C/L and Agri
- Specialised motor product C/L and Agri
- Principle of insurance
Technical skills obtained through training and courses in the following areas :
- Introduction to motor
- Claims handling procedure
- VDQ qualification
System Training On The Following:
- Online systems
- Audatex and Abuntex
- Photo viewer
- Telephonic, negotiation and conflict handling skills
- Basic business ethics and financial principles related to claims
- Time management
- Change management
- Analytical thinking
- Conceptual thinking
- Information seeking
- Self confidence
- Impact and influence
- Leverage relationships
- Customer service orientation
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Santam Insurance career website on careers.peopleclick.eu.com to apply