RCL FOODS is a leading African food producer in South Africa with a market capitalisation of R13 billion and employing more than 20 000 people in operations across South and Southern Africa. We manufacture a wide range of branded and private label food products which we distribute through our own route-to-market supply chain specialist, Vector Logistics. In line with our Passion to provide more food to more people, more often, we have acquired a number of businesses with deep South African roots and strong brands, which have enabled us to diversify our offering and enhance our reach. Included in our portfolio are well-known South African brands such as Selati sugar, Supreme flour, Rainbow and Farmer Brown chicken, Pieman’s pies, Mageu Number 1 beverages, Sunbake bread, Nola mayonnaise, Yum Yum peanut butter, Ouma rusks, Bobtail and Catmor pet food products, and Epol and Molatek animal feed. In line with our strategy, we have recently transformed from four separate businesses (TSB Sugar, Rainbow Chicken, Foodcorp and Vector) into “ONE RCL FOODS”, an integrated company made up of three divisions supported by common Group functions.
- 3 year tertiary qualification in Logistics and or Industrial Engineering.
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience in a similar managerial role.
- Supply chain / logistics or FMCG background - working with chill, frozen or ambient products will be advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of SAP system.
- Good understanding of inbound, outbound and stock handling processes.
- Establishes area that requires prioritization, in line with customer demands.
- Ensures that the transport plan is received from the planning department, VPT platform and Principals so that receiving and dispatch can commence timeously.
- Makes sure loading process is completed on time, as per the service level agreement.
- Ensures all trucks available are in good working order so that it is loaded and leaves on time with deliveries, at the correct conditions.
- Assures that notices are placed on the board informing drivers of times they start.
- Ensures that warehouse staff are aware of number of inbound vehicles, by placing details on notice board.
- Informs MRP Controller / Principals, Customers of space constraints regarding stock in – house.
- Makes sure all machinery are in good operating order, complying to the required standard
- Housekeeping and Maintenance;
- Checks on a daily basis that staff on duty are working according to the checklist.
- Identifies areas of concern and communicates to Warehouse Controller.
- Reports daily to Regional Operations Manager regarding activities on premises which includes number of trucks gone out and number of cases sold.
- Reports weekly on critical aspects of the operation such as damaged stock; machinery; inbound and outbound stock.
- Reports on the cost factors of the job – actual cost vs. budget.
- Submits a monthly report of the branches expenses and profitability amongst other areas.
- Collaborates detail for month end report and presents to board weekly.
Inbound and Outbound;
- Ensures all inbound vehicles are off loaded on time to avoid delays.
- Makes sure all inbound procedures are followed. E.g. product temperature; and broken pallets.
Checks that budgeting process is completed annually and ensures costs are maintained in all aspects of the business.
- Ensures daily cyclic counts are done on both back up and pick phases and manages and controls stock count process on a monthly basis across the business.
- Makes sure all variances are investigated and auctioned accordingly
Risk Management/Health and Safety;
- Checks that all paper work such as procedures, controls and checklists are up to date and utilised correctly.
- Maintains ISO standards on a daily basis.
- Monitors timekeeping, service delivery and product integrity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to RCL FOODS career website on rcl.erecruit.co.za to apply