Quality Engineer II at Lear Corporation
Posted on: 22 December, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering
View All Jobs at Lear Corporation
Lear Corporation is a leading global Tier 1 automotive supplier that serves all of the world’s major automakers with content on more than 400 vehicle nameplates worldwide. Lear is one of the world's largest suppliers of automotive seating and E-Systems. Lear provides complete seating systems and components, as well as both traditional and high voltage/high power electronic products and E-Systems and components. With facilities in 37 countries on six continents, Lear operates in every major auto producing region of the world. Achieving $18.6 billion in 2016 sales, Lear ranks #151 among the Fortune 500. Headquartered in Southfield, Michigan, Lear's world-class products are designed, engineered and manufactured by a diverse team of more than 150,000 employees. Lear shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol [LEA].
- Support Lear (internally / externally) in ensuring integrity / quality of leads / harnesses delivered to Assembly / Customer. Support Lear EPMS Port Elizabeth on quality issues raised and resolution thereof. Support Changes / APQP activities.
- Manage Lead Prep auditor activities (including overtime pre-approvals and overtime submission before salary cut-off dates).
- Define and coordinate inspection activities with all quality inspectors in Lead Prep area.
- Collect data for IPPM in Lead Prep and top defects. Highlight any issues highlighted by Lead Prep Quality Auditors and report quality performance results in Lead Prep daily.
- Initiate the preliminary analysis of any quality issue reported at Ford (Applicable to Lead Prep area).
- Support Customer Care Engineer / Quality Engineer - Assembly on any preliminary analysis of any quality issue
- Support Customer Care Engineer on all containment activities in Lead Prep and report results daily.
- Define and maintain internal procedures (according to Lear policies) in area of responsibility.
- Review all Lead Prep processes to detect any potential quality issue.
- Communicate to the Lear team to analyse any quality concern. Track open issues within plant where unresolved issues exist. Highlight any major concerns that can jeopardize final quality to the Customer Care Engineer / Quality Manager.
- Support Layered Process Audit Process and ensure that Lead Prep Auditors conduct weekly audits.
- Communication skills
- Capacity to analyze problems and identify root causes and make decisions.
- Data and Results oriented.
- Computer Literate
- Team Player
- Knowledge of Cutting machines, manual crimping, twisting and splicing
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Lear Corporation career website on lear-openhire.silkroad.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs