MTN Group Limited entered the telecommunications scene at the dawn of South Africa’s democracy, in 1994. In 1998, we began our expansion by acquiring licences in Rwanda, Uganda and Swaziland. Since then, we continued to grow, with a view of bringing world-class telecommunications and digital services to markets across Africa and the Middle East.
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job:
The Senior Specialist: Cloud and Mobile Finance is responsible for delivering technical security solution designs, technical reference architecture designs, and technical security configuration standards for the MTN Mobile Money and Cloud technology stacks, including: the mobile money core system, third-party interfaces, the internal core network interfaces as well as capabilities in all layers of the cloud (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS). The focus will be given to integrating disparate mobile finance and digital platforms, services, APIs and ensuring that the security configuration and compliance of products and services deployed in the MTN Mobile Finance and Cloud platform are consolidated and improved across all MTN OPCOs.
- Implement Digital Cloud and Mobile Money Security Architectures (e.g., people, processes, technology);
- Responsible for the design and implementation of technical architectures for group wide risk mitigation of key risk areas on MTN Digital Cloud and Mobile Money Solution Stack, including security monitoring, Mobile and cloud security assurance, group policy and vulnerability management;
- Assist OPCOs with digital cloud and mobile money technical security solution designs and implementation
- Determine a holistic view of technical security requirements on MTN digital cloud and Mobile Money Solution Stack by evaluating current security operations and requirements; researching digital cloud and mobile money security standards; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues and preparing cost estimates;
- Evaluate outsourced digital cloud and mobile money integration points to ensure they provide adequate protection for the processing, transmission, and storage of transactions;
- Manage the development of security architectural and development standards for all components of the MTN digital cloud and Mobile Money Platform (e.g. SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, Middleware, Base OS, Connectivity, Physical Infrastructure, Backup and Recovery);
- Ensure a standardized and aligned approach driven from Group Information Security for digital cloud and mobile money security architecture across MTN including OpCos.
- Assist with management of divisional budgets in line with business objectives and facilitate forecasting;
- Manage project initiative budgets in line with business objectives; and
- Drive initiatives that will ensure that the “cost of operations” are reduced, in line with a least cost operating strategy stemming from the business drivers.
- Operational Delivery
- Assist Senior Management to develop and implement the overall digital cloud, mobile money security architecture requirements and framework, overarched by the business risk strategy;
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the mobile money security architecture roll-out definition and actualization via third parties;
- Roadmap definitions for mobile money security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Responsible for the implementation and ongoing compliance of key Digital Cloud and Mobile Money Security Solutions
- Responsible for the implementation of Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) tool and related process controls to address Cloud, Mobility and Shadow IT risks
- Perform best-practices risk assessment and Security Quality Assurance of the MTN Digital Cloud and Mobile Money Platforms
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and leadership ensuring future focus and current efficiency;
- Ensure skill transfer for staff development, motivation and business continuity;
- Identify staff training and development needs and implement necessary actions;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to MTN career website on www.linkedin.com to apply