Customer Service Representative at Dow Chemical Company
Posted on: 8 February, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing/FMCG
View All Jobs at The Dow Chemical Company
The Dow Chemical Company- At Dow, we combine the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. We are driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity.
The Purpose Of The Job Or Role
- The Customer Service Representative (CSR) provides exemplary customer service and support to customers by being able to proactively navigate and diagnose customer needs and respond using a wide and dynamic base of information and resources.
- The CSR interfaces with customers and coordinates with multiple business and functional partners to deliver exceptional service to customers and contributes to Agriculture business success.
- The CSR manages the entry of orders, from initial contact with the customer or electronic channel, through material flow, until the product arrives to the customer at the correct time, with the correct product, with the correct equipment and correct paperwork.
- In the event of a service failure, the CSR initiates the corrective action for resolution of the failure, and takes the lead position in resolution for the customer. It is expected that the CSR knows what it takes to go above and beyond the daily calls from customers; to build and maintain customer loyalty and confidence.
- Order Management: Handles routine and non-routine customer order activities, including managing customer demand, following up on samples, complex order entry (i.e. consignment) guiding and leading the activities of the order process utilizing work process, business strategy, and best practice to ensure high quality service. The CSR typically works with a very complex combination of order scenarios, such as multiple sourcing locations, various modes of transport, and a broad range of products. This requires the ability to multi-task with critical thinking and analyzing skills. Responsible to receive and record customer complaints and facilitate resolution in cooperation with internal partners.
- Inventory Management & Logistics: manages local distribution warehouse inventory, inventory accuracy and replenishment planning in collaboration with Supply Chain, as well as secondary distribution logistics with a high degree of accountability.
- Customer account management, Credit and Collections: manages customer account in collaboration with Sales, Credit and Accounts Receivables. Responsible for accounting transactions related to invoicing, credit notes and payment receipt.
- Reporting, Metrics, Audits: supports Sales and overall Business by providing appropriate Customer, Sales, Inventory, Warehouse reports; tracks On-Time-Delivery, Invoice Accuracy, Customer Complaints, Speed-of-Resolution and Delivery-in-Full; regularly obtains customer feedback to continuously improve service delivery.
- Accountability for Action: Demonstrates urgency, acts promptly and quickly removes road blocks while assessing multiple opportunities. This role requires prioritization by impact, and accountability for taking actions that keep things moving forward, proactively anticipate and address customer concerns.
- Problem Solver: Demonstrates persistence in overcoming resistance or objection, leads conflict resolution and reaches win- win agreements. Uses knowledge of Agricultural and Business strategies to make decisions and take action that improve performance in their area of responsibility.
- Good knowledge of English and South-African language.
- MS Office proficiency, strong knowledge or fast learner of ECC/SAP and other technology and systems.
- Work process aptitude is critical to success.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to be versatile and flexible with team members, business partners and customers, while effectively influencing others and managing outcomes.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities, prioritizing both customer and company requirements while acting in a professional manner.
- Self-confidence and ability to proactively address customer issues, business requirements and identify areas for improving profitability and 'making it easier to do business’ with Agriculture.
- Strong, mature teamwork skills and a desire to work within a team environment.
- Willingness to share ownership of successful improvement methods and teach others for the benefit of the organization.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to The Dow Chemical Company career website on www.dow.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about The Dow Chemical CompanySimilar Jobs
- Personal Assistant at Sasol
- Sales Manager at Clariant
- Manager at RCL Foods
- Sales Representative at Goetech
- Sales Representative at The Duchess
- Customer Service Representative at The Dow
- Public Policy Manager at Coca-Cola
- Job Vacancies at CHEP