Job Opening at Sasol
Posted on: 9 February, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at Sasol
Sasol is an international integrated energy and chemicals company that leverages the talent and expertise of our more than 30 300 people working in 33 countries. We develop and commercialise technologies, and build and operate world-scale facilities to produce a range of high-value product streams, including liquid fuels, chemicals and low-carbon electricity.
Purpose of Job /Role Intent:
The Senior Manager: Compliance Operations and Group Functions is accountable and responsible for establishing close working relationships with senior management (Vice President and Senior Vice President’s) to ensure support for the compliance function and the individual Compliance Officers, for promoting a culture of compliance and for delivery and implementation of the compliance risk management framework across all of the OME’s within the Sasol Group by leading and managing the Group Compliance Services: Compliance Operations and Group Functions team through providing strategic direction and focus.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required
- Legal or Commerce degree (BCom, BCom Law, BA Law, B Proc, LLB etc.)
- Admitted Attorney of the High Court of South Africa - Non negotiable
- Minimum of 13 years relevant and practical compliance risk management, auditing or legal experience.
- Good knowledge of compliance risk management at a national and international level.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant and practical Senior Management experience.
- Member of the Compliance Institute Southern Africa or professionally accredited with the Compliance Practitioner (CPrac) designation.
- Assist in the development of and ensure the implementation, management and communication of the compliance strategy for the Sasol Group across all of the OME.
- Promote the compliance function by engaging with Senior Stakeholders on pertinent compliance matters and issues to facilitate the sharing of knowledge and experience and to assist in resolving the matters and issues.
- Manage the operational budget of the Group Compliance Services: Compliance Operations and Group Functions team in line with the compliance function’s strategic objectives and monitor and report on deviations (actual versus budget) to ensure the team remains within the approved budget.
- Assist in ensuring that the OMEs comply with the laws, regulations and supervisory requirements (rules, codes and self-regulatory organisation standards) applicable to it through managing the consistent implementation and embedment of the compliance risk management framework and the providing of compliance support across the Sasol Group.
- Manage the identification, assessment, management, monitoring and reporting of the group-wide key compliance risks (currently Sanctions; Anti-Bribery and Corruption; Competition; and Safety, Health and Environmental legislation) and the high level compliance risks within the Business Units, Operating Hubs and Group Functions.
- Ensure that compliance issues detailed in the OME Compliance Reports, Certification Monitoring Reports are dealt with promptly by the Compliance Officers and are escalated to the Senior Management of the OME in an appropriate manner.
- Design, implement and manage a stakeholder matrix for the compliance department to ensure that good relationships are kept with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Consult with the relevant stakeholders on the applicability, usability and accessibility of the compliance risk management framework and provide the Head of Central Compliance with input and suggestions on how to enhance the embedding of the function within Sasol.
- Participate in group wide steering committees and working groups to drive the compliance function’s objectives.
- Attend, participate in and report on the progress made in accomplishing the annual Group Compliance Coverage Plan and the compliance risks identified and managed to the relevant governance committees.
- Recruit, develop, motivate and manage the Group Compliance Services: Compliance Operations and Group Functions team members by:
- agreeing performance agreements,
- conducting performance appraisals,
- recognising good performance and addressing poor performance.
- Manage team members in line with Sasol’s values and policies.
- Take ownership and accountability of Compliance Operations and Group Functions team members, and ensure timeous delivery of their outputs
- Providing functional leadership in respect of priorities, accountabilities and quality of output
- Give guidance and support to team members
- Effectively prioritising in order to achieve optimal value-add, delegate and keep individual team members accountable
- Effectively mentoring of team members, where applicable.
- Making sure that team members clearly understand what is expected of them (goal clarity)
- Increasing performance through employee engagement.Delegate authority to appropriate individual team members
- Remove obstacles inhibiting team performance
- Promote teamwork to enhance team building (lead a high performance team through employee engagement and performance enablement)
- Establishing constructive working relationships with colleagues
- Establishing trust and interdependence with colleagues
- Inspire and promote high performance and drive deliverables in accordance with the Sasol values.
- Improving processes for achieving work output more effectively and efficiently
- Sharing innovative work processes, best practices and business solutions
- Ensure the compliance resources servicing the Business Units, Operating Hubs and Group Functions are sufficient at all times and compile and implement a succession plan.
- Understanding Regulatory Requirements.
- Compliance Risk Identification and Assessment.
- Compliance Risk Management Plans.
- Compliance Advice.
- Compliance Monitoring.
- Compliance Reporting.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Sasol career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs