Field Sales Engineer at ifm electronic (Pty)
Posted on: 12 February, 2018
Deadline: 16 February, 2018
View Jobs in Manufacturing/FMCG
View All Jobs at ifm electronic (Pty) LTD
ifm is a world leader in industrial factory automation with the following products which include position and process sensors, sensors for motion control, industrial communication and imaging, safety technology, identification systems, condition monitoring systems as well as systems for mobile machines, connection technology and various ifm accessories.
Position Description (Field Sales Engineer)
- Working from our Cape Town branch office, doing business in the Western Cape area.
- Sales visits to end users, system integrators, consultants and OEMs in order to identify sales opportunities and projects in all kind of industries.
- Developing professional relationships with Key Decision Makers in our target market.
- Use your technical knowledge, developed skills, creativity and understanding of our existing or potential customer’s business to enable you in identifying possible challenges the customer faces and turn these into sales opportunities.
- Presentation of technical solutions to customers addressing the customer’s challenges and needs.
- Build and maintain friendly relationships within ifm globally and with our customers at all levels, including owners, executives as well as engineering, production and procurement staff etc.
- Maintain your customers on our CRM system, including quotations, appointments and visit reports.
- 4-5 years’ experience, preferably in the process control or industrial automation industry associated with manufacturing.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Demonstrable knowledge in the application of: sensors, instrumentation, automation and networking solutions.
- Demonstrable sales ability although sales experience is not a necessity.
- A willingness to learn and recreate your knowledge in this fast changing technical environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail; ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with various teams as well as independently.
- Proficiency on Microsoft products.
- Willingness to travel.
Cost to Company Package & Conditions of Service
- Competitive salary and commission
- Medical aid contribution
- Fully expensed company car
- Petrol card
- Business cell phone and laptop
- Provident fund after successful completion of 6 months’ probation period
- Annual leave according to service policy
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs