Chief Financial Officer at Blue Recruiting
Posted on: 12 February, 2018
Deadline: 5 March, 2018
View Jobs in Sales/Marketing
View All Jobs at Blue Recruiting
Blue Recruiting - The leading steel service centre and distributor in Africa is looking to appoint a Group Chief Financial Officer. This senior position takes accountability and responsibility for the management, maintenance, development and monitoring of the financial aspects of the Group and reports to the CEO.
(Preference will be given to candidates who meet the Employment Equity requirements of the Group)
The leading steel service centre and distributor in Africa is looking to appoint a Group Chief Financial Officer. This senior position takes accountability and responsibility for the management, maintenance, development and monitoring of the financial aspects of the Group and reports to the CEO.
The following Key Performance Areas are covered by the position:
- To work with the CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships.
- To work with the business units and shared services departments to ensure that their financial wellbeing, governance compliance and risks are properly dealt with and recorded.
- To ensure compliance with internal and external statutory and corporate governance requirements including implementation of tax effective structures and tax planning.
- To monitor and proactively manage the financial KPI’s of the Group and its business units and share service departments to ensure we meet our targets, responsibilities and obligations and properly and timeously communicate relevant information.
- To develop and improve workflow processes, systems and controls to safeguard the financial assets of the group and to recommend and implement system and process changes when and where required.
- To assess the financial soundness of new opportunities and capital expenditure projects, including acquisitions.
- To prepare meeting packs for the audit and social & ethics committees and board and to attend and present at these meetings.
- To oversee the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting exercise, and monthly accounting of group results.
- To be the custodian of group accounting and regulatory policies.
- To liaise with internal and external auditors and executive management and oversee the preparation and compilation of the annual financial statements.
- To oversee finance, IT, legal, accounts receivable, accounts payable, treasury, insurance and risk departments and functions.
- To assist in the negotiation of legal contracts.
- To play a key role in the development and optimisation of SAP.
- To monitor and perform ad hoc projects.
- To assist in the cultural rejuvenation of the Group.
Required Qualifications / Experience
- The successful candidate will be a qualified Chartered Accountant with at least 10 years’ experience in a senior executive position, preferably in the Industrial, Mining, Manufacturing or Automotive sector.
- Prior experience within a trading environment would be advantageous as would strong technical competence around inventory and inventory management.
- A leaning towards risk, governance and compliance would be beneficial.
- Exposure to Digital Transformation, E-Commerce, ERP Systems and a penchant for innovation in general, would be valuable.
- Prior experience in Sub Saharan Africa would be beneficial.
- The ability to engage and communicate effectively with senior management as well as various stakeholders is imperative.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Blue RecruitingSimilar Jobs
- Social Media Specialist at Builders
- Graduate Trainee at Corex
- Job Vacancy at COREX (PTY) LTD
- Job Vacancy at Servest SA
- Job Vacancy at Axis House
- Finance Intern at Federal-Mogul Powertrain
- Section Manager at LC Waikiki
- Job Vacancy at Cargill