Manager at Transnet Freight Rail
Posted on: 12 February, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Transnet Freight Rail
Transnet Freight Rail is the largest division of Transnet SOC Ltd. It is a world class heavy haul freight rail company that specialises in the transportation of freight. The company maintains an extensive rail network across South Africa that connects with other rail networks in the sub-Saharan region, with its rail infrastructure representing about 80% of Africa's total. The company is proud of its reputation for technological leadership beyond Africa as well as with-in Africa, where it is active in some 17 countries.
Position Purpose :
- To contribute to the development and implementation of the Transnet Total Reward strategy and philosophy to ensure Transnet Freight Rail's ability to attract and retain competent employees.
- Develop and administer Transnet Freight Rail's compensation policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with legislation and company objectives and affordability.
- Identify the impact of new legislation and administrative procedures on existing company policies and procedures and modify accordingly to ensure alignment to all applicable legislation.
Position outputs :
- Participate in the development, implementation, communication and administration of the Total Reward system within Transnet Ltd, which rewards and recognizes good performance and attracts and retain appropriate skills to the organisation.
- Responsible for the management of remuneration for Transnet Freight Rail employees to ensure that Transnet Freight Rail.
- Facilitate the management and implementation of the performance management system to ensure that good performance is rewarded appropriately to drive a high performance culture.
- Responsible for the Organisational Management (e.g. Org establishment, Job evaluation and Strategic Workforce planning) principles and practices within Transnet Freight.
- Ensure the continued implementation of a job evaluation system for Transnet Freight Rail in support of the business strategy.
- Ensure proper management of salary parity issues within Transnet Freight Rail to ensure internal external equity.
- Ensure the establishment and operation of various remuneration related structures/committees so that development relating to the reward system are well managed and communicated in the organisation.
- Provide expert advice and direction on Total Reward /Compensation related decisions that support business strategies.
- Serve as an internal consultant to HC Business Partners, Line Management and compensation team on compensation, recruitment, retention & separation matters.
- Management and development of subordinates within the remuneration department to ensure competent people within the organization.
- Responsible for the remuneration budget to ensure that the budget is well controlled and is not exceeded.
- Develop creative and innovative recommendations to enhance compensation programs and effectiveness in Transnet
At least 8 years' experience in remuneration /compensation as well as organisational management and organisational design.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Transnet Freight Rail career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs