Clicks Group is a retail-led healthcare group which has been listed on the JSE Limited since 1996. Through market-leading retail brands Clicks, GNC, The Body Shop, Claire's and Musica, the group has over 795 stores across southern Africa. Clicks Group is a leader in the healthcare market where Clicks has the largest retail pharmacy chain with over 473 in-store pharmacies, while UPD is South Africa's leading full-range national pharmaceutical wholesaler.
We are looking to recruit a permanent Technical Team Leader to work within the Group IT department to manage our bespoke as well of “off the shelf” Merchandise and Supply Chain related systems.
Our ideal candidate will be experienced in the day to day management of a team of Analyst developers, building a strong and effective team whilst ensuring their ongoing development. He/she will also manage the technical aspects of the designated systems in this area and will deal seamlessly with both business users on queries, support issues and new requests, as well as with his/her IT colleagues in support departments like Infrastructure, Integration, Networks, Operations, Project management, Architects etc.
In addition Clicks is embarking on an exciting 2 year project to implement new and improved systems in our Merchandise area. A proven track record of managing teams and systems through big project change will be an advantageous, as would an understanding the AS400 and RPG.
Purpose and Objectives
To be accountable for the effective management of designated business applications, including the development of new business applications, and the support, configuration, maintenance and enhancement of existing applications to meet business needs.
- Accountable for the development, configuration, maintenance and support of designated business applications
- Accountable for analysis and solution design of designated application systems, including application roadmap and migration plans – work closely with the Portfolio Architects to ensure it adheres to architecture principles and compliance with the Application Integration Technology Roadmap
- Ensure effective implementation and application of agreed systems development methodologies and processes in order to ensure quality and consistency
- Ensure sufficient people capacity (requisite knowledge, skill, expertise and experience) and the effective management of people resources to meet business needs
- Effectively manage the performance of software vendors and 3rd party service providers to ensure that promises to the business are met
- Prepare and effectively manage an annual budget associated with area of responsibility
- Stay abreast of relevant application systems and technologies, and work in concert with the Application Portfolio Manager to influence business thinking with respect to potential business solutions and benefits
- To ensure self-development and to keep pace with ever-changing technology requirements and industry trends
- To assist with identifying and managing of technology related risks
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Computer Science and/or Information Systems with a minimum 7-10 years’ experience in Application Development (desirable)
- Working experience in the retail sector and the development and support of retail applications (e.g. Merchandising, Supply chain, Point of Sale, CRM, Business Intelligence, Finance & HR)
- RPG and AS400 (required)
- 3 to 5 years line/people management experience
- Experience in Change Management (desirable)
- 4 years’ experience in application design and the application of industry standard application development methodologies
- Project Management certification (PMI or Prince2) or experience desirable
Skills, Abilities and Job Related Knowledge
- Computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Project)
- Finance and costing
- Application development methodology and software development lifecycle processes
- Application analysis and design
- Project management principles
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Conflict handling and management skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Delegation/directing others
- Managing and measuring work
- Leading and supervising
- Deciding and Initiating action
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Clicks Group career website on www.linkedin.com to apply