Swiss Re Group is a leading wholesale provider of reinsurance, insurance and other insurance-based forms of risk transfer. Dealing direct and working through brokers, its global client base consists of insurance companies, mid-to-large-sized corporations and public sector clients. From standard products to tailor-made coverage across all lines of business, Swiss Re deploys its capital strength, expertise and innovation power to enable the risk taking upon which enterprise and progress in society depend.
Manager Pricing Support L&H EMEA
About The Role
We in the L&H Hub EMEA offer an exciting opportunity for a qualified actuary to lead the new Pricing Support L&H EMEA function based in Cape Town. You will play a significant role in establishing and leading this team within the EMEA Hub and wider cross functional team (XFT).
Your objective will be to support the pricing and servicing of life & health business across the Europe, Middle East and Africa region. You will provide high quality actuarial input to both clients and the cross-functional team within Swiss Re, signing off quotes from a technical standpoint, and leading or supporting projects as and when required.
About The Team
The Pricing Support L&H EMEA team will operate within L&H Hub EMEA, providing valuable support to cross-functional teams (XFT) in markets across EMEA.
Core activities will include
- Support XFT on the quotation process, including central pricing tool (CPT) runs, quote documentation, liaising with functional experts, and general Quote Tracker quality maintenance
- Perform CPT updates and support local markets
- Contribute to the finalisation of timely open treaty reviews (OTR)
- Perform catastrophe (CatXL), XoL, and Stop loss Quotes
- Support recaptures
- Validate technical accounts against treaty terms
- Support ongoing portfolio monitoring via SAS-based reports
Additional activities may include
- Perform simple experience studies (subject to whitelisting rules).
- Support pricing bases reviews
- Large Transaction support, including Moses modelling
- Review of treaty documentation
- A qualified actuary (FASSA, FSA, FIA or similar) with 5+ years work experience overall
- Strong technical skills with several years of life & health pricing / product development experience and good knowledge of Swiss Re products and business practices
- Knowledge of UK and Continental European markets preferred - experience of working in a developing market would be an advantage
- A strong leader with ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and priorities, performing under time pressure
- Good teamwork/teambuilding skills combined with a passion for the job
- Strong customer focus with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and make decisions within authority
- Expert in CPT - knowledge of modelling and data tools, e.g. SAS and MOSES would be an advantage
- Fluent in English; Proficiency in another major European language would be advantageous
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Swiss Re career website on www.linkedin.com to apply