The First National Operation and Maintenance Company “NOMAC” is an ACWA Power subsidiary founded in 2005 and firmly established in the GCC, North Africa and South, Middle Europe and East Europe regions, providing high quality O&M (Operation & Maintenance) services for power production and water desalination projects, regionally and worldwide.
This role is based at our Bokpoort Plant, South Africa.
The HR Practitioner will provide and promote effective recruitment, communication, motivation, administration and key human resources services to line Management & key stakeholders within the parameters of the labour legislation and aligned to the strategic objectives of the Plant.
- Ensure that the plant’s organisational structure is correct and will support the entity and the group’s objectives.
- The Plant’s organogram is developed and updated regularly.
- Ensure the availability of the right number of people, who are qualified, competent and motivated individuals.
- To conduct appropriate recruitment and selection methods that support the Plant’s needs and that are in line with the current recruitment and equity legislation.
- Provide continuous guidance, facilitation and assistance to the Plant, in all aspects of HR.
- To aggressively develop and timely provide innovative HR services.
- To ensure information or computer systems, tools and resources are available, enabling the Plant staff to complete all their tasks properly.
- To implement and comply with Employment Equity plans in the Plant.
- To adhere to HR’s budget.
- To submit monthly HR reports and statistics on time
- To ensure that a safe & healthy working environment is maintained at all times
- Provide continuous guidance and an advisory service to Line Managers and staff, within the Plant in aspects of IR & HR Admin
- To ensure that the company Disciplinary Code & Grievance Procedure is effectively communicated, understood and implemented.
- Continuously promote a positive IR climate, diffusing situations timeously and minimizing external industrial action and CCMA cases.
- Counselling with staff members who have problems or grievances
- Communicate with supervisors, managers, on department operations and follow-up latest issues of South African Labour Law and future amendments.
Assisting new employees & induction training
- Assist and guide new employees in the Plant.
- Organize all relevant paperwork, such as letters of appointments, job descriptions, salary information, completion of HR forms etc.
- Co-ordinate comprehensive induction training.
- Monitor the on-boarding of all new employees.
- Maintain all personnel records at a high level of confidentiality and ensure the processing of all new employees,
- Update employees file to cope with official documents required.
- Perform other duties assigned, payrolls, medical exams, etc
- Monitor the Employee Relations Statistics, within the Plant and complete a monthly employee relations report.
- All administration, letters of appointment and forms comply with the current legislation.
- The Plant personnel records and paperwork are correct, continuously updated and kept in a safe place.
- All the Plant administrative information is kept strictly confidential
Required Skills and Competencies
- Able to operate independently
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills & good facilitation skills.
- Professional in dealing with all the customers
- Awareness of Quality, Occupational Health & Safety and Environment Management system principles
- Knowledge of applicable legal requirements.
Be able to use VIP/ SAP as end user.
- Ability to work under pressure (i.e. handling significant problems and tasks which come up simultaneously and/or unexpected).
- Write reports and statistical data analysis
- Analytical mind
- Bachelor Degree, IPM Diploma / B-Degree in HR /Social Sciences
- 5 years in a similar position
- IR Skills & Exposure
- Recruitment exposure
- Basic understanding of Training & Development
- All other HR functions & exposure
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to NOMAC career website on www.linkedin.com to apply