Job Vacancy at Rentokil Initial
Posted on: 13 February, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Sales/Marketing
View All Jobs at Rentokil Initial South Africa
Rentokil Initial plc employs 38,000 people in over 66 countries offering the strengths and experience of a multi-national organisation, whilst retaining the agility and characteristics of a local company. The business is focused on delivering great service to its wide range of customers.
To take lead in coordinating and facilitation of the tender process for across South Africa. To collate and share best practice on bids and tenders across the business to ensure that all bids and tender meetings with key stakeholders meet the highest professional and ethical standards required.To capture data and information on both successful and unsuccessful bids and feed this data into the bid system, then publish and share insights and learning’s.
- Check various Tender search systems daily and identify opportunities for bid or market intelligence purposes
- Co-ordinate all external communications as determined by the Customer, which may involve face-to-face meetings/discussions, bid presentations, as well as written clarification questions or email communications.
- Determine appropriateness of Tenders for Go/No go meetings
- Ensure that the business authority matrix rule is followed for bid sign off.
- Work with the Tender Co-ordinators and Sales Director to schedule and allocate tasks for the maximisation of the overall efficiency and RI branding of Tenders.
- Time management for all assigned tasks to completion of Tender process
- Ensure that Tender briefings are attended by the relevant parties
- Follow relevant procedure Tender compilation, authorisation and submission
- Manage the Tender submission throughout the entire life cycle. Edit text submissions as required.
- Ensure effective prioritisation of tasks and assignments
- Advise and guide senior management and relevant staff on client Tender requirements including regulatory, statutory requirements and pricing schedules.
- Manage client correspondence, information sheets, and contractual changes and produce status reports and documentation for all assigned projects.
- Coordinate the submission of pricing while monitoring margins
- Development of bid management products and processes that provide continuous improvement to the tender desk function.
- Build relationship with all relevant stakeholders with special focus on municipalities and SOE’s
- Update all relevant documentation, spreadsheets, databases and company sales records and produce monthly reports for departmental team and management when required.
- To complete the tenders monthly report.
- Generate monthly reports on all Tenders – Competitiveness in area and Department feedback frame for monthly management meetings
Successful Tender Submission
- Ensure that the Tender and Business proposal meet all relevant specifications and are in line with most recent research available and best practice and are compliant with client requirements.
- Produce high quality, accurate and professional Tenders in line with RI standards
- Ensure Tender submissions are delivered well within prescribed tendering authority deadlines.
- Develop and draft sales content for tenders ensuring alignment with agreed bid strategy. Ensure all content is maintained in the bid library.
- Maintain contractual records and documentations such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contract information sheets contractual changes, status reports and all other documents for all projects.
- Find and retrieve information from files in response to requests from authorized users.
- Perform any other ad hoc Tender related administrative duties as delegated
- Lead regular meetings with the bid team as required.
- Carry out any other management request in line with your area of responsibility.
- Keep abreast of changes in new policies and procedures to identify/minimise negative impact to your role
- Secure favourable relations with all employee and regional management team
- Company Professional Registrations and verification
- For Tender purposes, in liaison with HR/finance, ensure that any professional registrations are current
- BBBEE verification
- SARS tax verification
- Internal and EXternal Relationships
- Regional Business /Functional leads
- Technical & Functional Support Management teams
- External Suppliers & Stakeholders
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary Qualification preferred MBA would be advantageous
- Matric certificate or equivalent
- Minimum 2 -3 years’ experience and proven track record in a similar role
- Computer literacy – MS Office, Internet tools etc
- Awareness of competitor activity
- Ability to interact with clients at all levels
- Strong relationships in the tender space that includes municipalities and parastatals and a thorough understanding of the tender process within government departments.
Selling Skills/ Persuasiveness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and structured planning
- Maintain a high level of personal presentation and professionalism
- Dependability & Flexibility
- Behaviours aligned with the values of Service, Relationships and Teamwork
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Rentokil Initial South Africa career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Rentokil Initial South AfricaSimilar Jobs
- Social Media Specialist at Builders
- Graduate Trainee at Corex
- Job Vacancy at COREX (PTY) LTD
- Job Vacancy at Servest SA
- Job Vacancy at Axis House
- Finance Intern at Federal-Mogul Powertrain
- Section Manager at LC Waikiki
- Job Vacancy at Cargill