Engineer at Dimension Data
Posted on: 13 February, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT/Telecommunications
View All Jobs at Dimension Data
Dimension Data is a global technology integrator and managed services provider that helps its clients achieve great things and create new possibilities through the use and adoption of technology. Founded in 1983, Dimension Data is now a USD 8 billion global leader in designing, managing and optimising today’s evolving technology environments to enable its clients to leverage data in a digital age, turn it into information and extract insights.
Want to be part of our team?
The End-user Computing Engineer (L3) is the mid-level position in the EUC Engineers job family and is proactive in identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents and problems and restoring service to clients by managing incidents to resolution. Their primary objective is to ensure zero missed service level agreement conditions. The EUC Engineer (L3) focuses on third line support for high complexity incidents and maintains the End-user Computing environmental and monitoring equipment.
What you'll be doing
- Monitor infrastructure
- They ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational. In this regard they will perform necessary checks, apply monitoring tools and respond to alerts. Where software is a component of the solution they will also take responsibility for ensuring that the software is installed and configured according to client requirements. Identify problems and errors
- The EUC Engineer (L3) identifies problems and errors prior to or when they occur. He or she will log such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail with all the necessary. They liaise with all stakeholders including client IT environments, vendors, carriers and Dimension Data colleagues to expedite diagnosis of errors and problems and to identify a resolution. Ensure resolution of incidents and requests
- They investigate second line support calls assigned to then and identify the root cause of incidents and problems. They ensure the efficient and comprehensive resolution of incidents and requests. This could involve ensuring that repairs are carried out by coordinating product requests and liaising with other team members. They will also report and escalate issues to 3rd party vendors if necessary. They take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution within the service level conditions.
- Where necessary, they escalate requests and exceptions to the 3rd line support team. Ensure continuous feedback
- They provide continuous feedback to clients and affected parties and update all systems and/or portals as prescribed by Dimension Data procedures. Incident management
- When required they will take responsibility receiving calls and incidents at the services desk. They assist in analysing, assigning and escalating the support calls. They also provide telephonic support to clients where required.
- They update incidents with progress and resolution details. Shift management
- EUC Engineers (L3) that work shifts will be required to follow the required handover procedures for shift changes to ensure service continuity. They complete and maintain any shift handover schedules. Reports
- EUC Engineers (L3) are also responsible for producing breach and other reports that are necessary for the correct operation of processes. They identify failures and short-comings in the current processes and escalate with recommendations. Behavioural skills
- EUC Engineers (L3) are required to strictly comply with all processes and procedures as prescribed by Dimension Data and the client when relevant. Their ability to communicate well and to capture all pertinent details when required will contribute to their success. They are able to multi-task and demonstrate good client service orientation. These individuals have good problem solving skills in End-user Computing related operations.
Required Work Experience:
6 – 8 years’ work experience plus minimum 6 years’ experience in implementing, administering and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including: routers, switches, wireless access points, controllers, WAN optimizers and monitoring applications
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- Relevant Certification
- 5 years experience with:
- and 0365
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Dimension Data career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs