Internal Auditor at The Career Network
Posted on: 14 February, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at The Career Network
The Career Network focuses on finding outstanding candidates and matching them with client’s specific needs and culture. Helping candidates understand where they are in their working life and what they want to achieve from work helps us narrow down the risks of a poor role/candidate match.
An authorised financial service provider, operating within the long-term insurance industry in South Africa, required the services of an Internal Auditor. The permanent position is based in Bellville. Remuneration is market related.
The successful candidate will:
- Be required to manage the development and maintenance of the Internal Audit department within the organization and its subsidiaries
- be responsible for conducting various types of assurance and reviews across the group, including its underwriting managers. This will be done in accordance with the annual audit plan approved by the Audit Committee and conducted in terms of International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit.
- Have strong analytical skills and be able to apply our risk-based methodology as well as lead and manage multiple audits.
Tasks and Responsibilities.
Will include but not be limited to:
- Perform assurance and consulting reviews, and with its subsidiaries, portfolio managers and underwriting managers.
- Managing the performance of the audit team, including in-depth review of the audit team's audit work and findings.
- Responsible for audit execution, from planning to report finalisation.
- Audit planning in terms of assignment objectives, scope of work and budgets.
- Performing risk and control assessments.
- Developing and review of audit procedures.
- Prepare audit findings, compile audit reports, and advise on practical recommendations with various levels of management which will support the achievement of the group’s strategic and financial objectives.
- Follow up on audit issues raised and provide input into the reports to the audit committee and other relevant risk committees.
- Maintain quality standards in terms of the audit methodology, approach and documentation.
- Implementation and improvement of general quality assurance on all audit work.
- Supporting and mentoring junior / trainee auditors.
- Supporting a combined assurance model (includes working with external auditors and other assurance providers).
- National travelling to offices and partners may be required.
B. Com / B. Tech Degree and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to The Career Network career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about The Career NetworkSimilar Jobs
- Warehouse & Distribution Coordinator at LSC Staffing Solutions (Pty) Ltd