Job Opening at The Shoprite Group of Companies
Posted on: 14 February, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Sales/Marketing
View All Jobs at The Shoprite Group of Companies
The Shoprite Group of Companies, Africa's largest food retailer, operates 2,689 outlets in 15 countries across Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands and reported turnover of R141 billion for the financial year ended 2 July 2017.
The Purpose of this role is:
- To provide strategic approach to data quality management in order to enable an integrated data quality service, focused on the improvement of data and the adherence to data standards, with the aim to support processes across the Shoprite enterprises and value chain.
- Lead key data quality initiatives focused on data quality governance for all enterprise master data through data coordination and integration.
- Ensure that efficient governance processes are formulated, enforced and monitored to continuously improve the quality of data throughout the enterprise – both on a tactical and strategic level.
- Lead, manage and mentor the leaders of Master Data Teams within the organisation, with the goal to maximise productivity, ensure adherence to governance processes and increase the overall quality of master data across the enterprise. This includes establishing Master Data Quality Teams for all the business areas.
The ideal candidate would possess the following Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree (computer science, information systems, business administration or other industry-related
- Master’s Degree Required (MBA, MIS or related-curriculum) desirable
- At least five years’ work experience in a retail environment, preferably in a leadership role
- Must have had understanding and experience in programmes involving data quality to support the total business
- process enterprise wide
- Experience in defining and implementing a data governance program and formulating policies and procedures for
- data governance
- Experience managing medium to large scale programs or projects
- Experience working with entry and control of master data in a diverse IT environment
- Ten or more (10+) years of experience in IT and business/industry
- 7+ years of progressive experience in informatics, data management, data governance, data stewardship, data
- quality management, metadata management, master data management and data architecture
- 7+ years of demonstrated leadership responsibilities
- 7+ years’ experience in both strategic and tactical roles concerned with Data Quality and standards
- Operating / Financial Results Accountable For (70%)
- Strategy & Management (30%)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to The Shoprite Group of Companies career website on shoprite.erecruit.co.za to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about The Shoprite Group of CompaniesSimilar Jobs
- Social Media Specialist at Builders
- Graduate Trainee at Corex
- Job Vacancy at COREX (PTY) LTD
- Job Vacancy at Servest SA
- Job Vacancy at Axis House
- Finance Intern at Federal-Mogul Powertrain
- Section Manager at LC Waikiki
- Job Vacancy at Cargill