Team Leader at Alexander Forbes
Posted on: 14 February, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Insurance
View All Jobs at Alexander Forbes
Alexander Forbes is a leading provider of financial, risk and insurance and multi-manager investment solutions internationally. The primary operations are based in South Africa and the United Kingdom. A significant network of subsidiaries and partners ensures we provide an outstanding level of service to our customers internationally.
Alexander Forbes is looking for a Team Leader to participate in the smooth running of the Branch and business. Make sure that effective and efficient management of all operational activities, processes and systems and thereby ensure
the smooth running of Funds.
- Formal Qualifications
- Grade 12 (Matric) Successfully passed the AF and branch tests/assessments Having achieved or studying towards a retirement fund qualification or equivalent qualification.
Industry related work experience
Key Performance Area
- Maintaining expenses in line with Branch standards and limits Maintaining & managing Fund Allocations.
- Eliminating PI Claims Identified extra income opportunity/ reduce expense for the company Supervise and ensure accuracy of the following Fund administration– job role specific
- Monthly contribution reconciliations for Pension and Provident Funds
- Maintenance of Member Data
- Necessary reporting in terms of Section 13(a)
- Processing of various types of claims (inclusive of bulk transfers where applicable) for Pension and Provident Funds
- The checking and authorizing of various types of claims
- Direct/guaranteed housing loans where applicable
- Preparing and checking of monthly reporting for client meetings.
- The completion and checking of Administration Reports (where applicable)
- The completion and checking of member Statements (where applicable)
- Complete recognition of transfer documents and allocation once received (where applicable)
- To identify and loading any changes on the fund and preparing or the checking of the documents (rates, fees or expenses)
- Prepare information for the financial year end of your funds (where applicable)
- To check and act upon all risk reports ( where applicable) Clear Emails and queries on a daily basis
- From time to time, you may be required to perform other related duties and functions that may be reasonably expected of you given your position and the operational requirements of the Company.
Staff component: (administrators)
- Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching
- Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.Interview and recruit new members of the team, including determining appropriate compensation levels with input from Human Resources.
- When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members calling on support from Human Resources and/or Supervisor / Manager / Branch Manager
- Resolve grievances raised by team members and escalate only if required.
- Measure performance and address poor performance of any team member through the formal Performance Improvement program and ensure that continued poor performance is appropriately dealt with.
- Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognized.
- Mentor and coach the Team/ resources that are assigned to this portfolio.
- Agree and contract Performance Development plans with the assigned Team member resources, performing counseling sessions when required and the bi-annual performance reviews
- Implement regular 1-on-1 individual sessions with assigned resources to ensure compliance with the Team to meet deliverable deadlines and perform quality assurance review on the individual deliverable
- Implement regular team meetings to disseminate communications
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Alexander Forbes career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs