Job Vacancy at Aurecon
Posted on: 15 February, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering
View All Jobs at Aurecon
Aurecon brings ideas to life to design a better future. Imagining what is possible, we turn problems into solutions. We provide advisory, design, delivery and asset management services on projects across a range of markets, in locations worldwide.
Aurecon provides world-class management, engineering and specialist technical services for government and private sector clients globally. A privately owned company, Aurecon has more than 7000 staff in over 80 offices worldwide and has the following position available based in Tshwane.
The People Consultant supports the People Business Partner to develop local People strategies to address business needs in line with the Global People direction. The People Consultant reports directly into the People Business Partner – North Region and works closely with the region’s Regional Directors and Leaders.
- Responsible for providing operational support in line with the People activities including the management of secondments, transfers and any other changes to employee conditions of employment.
- Increase the understanding and effectiveness of leaders in delivering desired People outcomes via policy and process while reducing the need for People intervention.
- Operational support provided to the business to achieve legislative compliance in relation to industrial and employee relations including providing recommendation, advice and support relating to investigations, discipline/termination of employees and managing of complaints and grievances.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current industry trends, legislation and best practice and provide training and coaching to managers where required, including on People policies and programmes.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures based on relevant legislation and contemporary People management practices which provide a consistent approach across the region and Aurecon.
- Support managers and People Business Partners to ensure the successful on-boarding of all new and relocated employees in line with the Aurecon on-boarding process.
- Manage the employee exit process including the analysis of exit interview data and make recommendations to management for corrective action.
- Support the People Business Partner in terms of effective organisational design, processes and structures.
- Support the People Business Partner in terms of delivering culture change initiatives.
- Support the recruitment and selection process with guidance from the People Business Partner and the Recruitment and Sourcing Consultant.
- Ensure the completion of the performance management process to ensure that employee performance, capabilities and behaviours meet current and future standards.
- Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures, legislative requirements and act as a role model for Aurecon’s values and behaviours.
- Ensure sound relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Manage internal and external relations, including the interface with external providers or other function responsible to ensure that customers’ needs are met.
- A Post graduate qualification in HR would be advantageous in the absence of this an undergraduate HR related qualification
- 5 years' plus experience as an HR Practitioner
- Experience gained in a Construction/Engineering/Advisory/Professional services environment preferred
- Demonstrated experience and ability to create productive and influential relationships with senior leadership, individuals and teams
- Demonstrated experience managing time and budget, cross-border and cross-cultural business outcomes
KEY QUALITIES AND SKILLS:
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to manage competing demands and stakeholders
- Interpersonal skills – relationship building, collaboration and influencing with authority
- Ability to work within a matrix structure
- Strong networking, relationship building and communication with the People Team, Aurecon and the industry
- Employment legislation knowledge and the ability to interpret and apply it effectively
- Demonstrated coaching skills
- Applying business analytics to drive outcomes
- Achievement and action orientated with a strong service focus and well developed execution skills
- Business understanding and commercial acumen
- Ability to lead and manage significant business changes
- Ability to work on systems
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Aurecon career website on secure.dc2.pageuppeople.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs