The Sun International brand has a proud legacy in the gaming, hospitality and entertainment sector. Its superior hotels and resorts portfolio makes it a recognized premium brand. The Sun International Group has a diverse portfolio of assets including world class five star hotels, modern and well located casinos, and some of the world’s premier resorts. Our destinations offer experiential luxury, enduring quality and incredible adventure, supported by an authentic dedication to personal service.
Responsible for the effective leadership and overall management of the finance function for the business unit including financial control processes, commercial advice, reporting and finance team management with specific regard to achieving business profitability, cost effectiveness and improving financial operational standards, in line with Company standards, gaming regulations and legislation.
- Bcom Honours CTA with articles
- Registration as a Chartered Accountant an advantage
- At least 5 years experience in a general financial management environment
- Experience in a hospitality/gaming environment an advantage.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong technical financial knowledge including IFRS developments
- Hospitality Revenue analysis
- Gaming Revenue Analysis
- Labour & risk legislation
- Business Acumen
- Financial Management & Productivities
Key Performance Areas:
- Delivered Financial Strategic Plans
- Understand the Group Financial strategy and budgets and align Unit Finance strategy accordingly
- Develop strategic objectives for the Unit’s finance deliverables
- Facilitate the management and achievement of Financial deliverables
- Direct financial analyses and benchmark with leading financial trends and practice
- Identify and investigate new financial opportunities for the property
- Direct risk analyses i.t.o impact on short term profit margins vs. long term sustainability
- Compile a risk register for the complex according to group and unit standards
- Review financial risks (on Risk Register) quarterly and address mitigating and aggravating circumstances.
- Communicate with all relevant stakeholders internally at a unit and Group level and externally
- Manage and allocate people and operational resources
- Align strategies with BBBEE transformational strategies which contribute towards targets being achieved for the property
- Oversee the development, implementation and updating of financial standards and processes at a unit level
- Integrates Group standards into Unit Operations
- Develop, align and update practices with new legislative and tax regulations
- Implement sufficient control measures (including systems and processes) & checks within each department to mitigate any financial risk to the business.
- Monitor compliance to financial procedures, costs, controls and productivities
- Complete relevant statutory returns
- Complete Annual Insurance declaration accurately according to unit financial position and requirements.
- Lodge liability claims and follow up to ensure resolution according to legal and policy requirements.
- Communicate standards and regulations with team to ensure compliance is achieved
Financial Management & Reporting
- Oversee the recording of financial transactions and reporting for the property to ensure the financial position of the department is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
- Completion of monthly management accounts
- Investigate unusual variances relative to budget and previous year
- Conduct an analysis of business results and identify relative trends to ensure realistic forecasts
- Find solutions to resolve anomalies and follow-up to ensure execution or change in procedure
- Compile monthly and quarterly forecasts
- Compile annual Budgets, forecasts & controls
- Motivate and manage Capex requirements
- Manage Procurement processes and relationships to ensure monitoring and tracking of price movements to minimize input cost fluctuations.
- Co-ordinate year end activities and reporting
- Co-ordinate internal and external financial audits
- Annual financial statements
- Financial reporting on projects and initiatives
- Compile tax packs
- Compile Annual board packs
- Interpret results and provide value-adding recommendations to optimise financial performance (with regards product, process and practices).
- Compile and provide reports in line with Gaming Board and management requirements that assists stakeholders in making relevant decisions
- Lead and motivate financial employees and promote positive working relationships, direction and support
- Lead and oversee departmental communication ensuring employee and management interaction
- Measure and develop strategies to enhance employee engagement
- Identify and manage training, coaching and development requirements in line with strategic plans, e.g. skills shortages, succession plans, talent management
- Ensure competent levels of staff meet operational level requirements (right fit for the job)
- Source and Select talent as per EE plan to build the future food and beverage talent pipeline
- Performance Manage and coach reporting managers to ensure KPA’s are achieved
- Manage employee relations within the financial function (monthly meetings with Union - formalised, minuted, issues addressed).
Stakeholder relationship management
Act as the SME on Financial statutory legislation and tax requirements
- Communicate actively with Business Operations, HR and Finance to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data
- Communicate with Group Finance and report on revenue and financial position as required
- Partner with Business Partners and suppliers to deliver efficient procurement standards
- Negotiate and reach agreements with service providers and business partners
- Partner with Business Managers and financial accountants to ensure management are kept updated on latest developments; risks identified and recommendations
- Provides support and training to finance teams
- Manages non-conformance issues
- Monitor financial performance of various departments and consult with Functional Managers on results and areas of concern
- Report and consult with top management on risk areas and remedial action to be taken
- Present results to top management
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, SISA internal recruitment policy as well as units employment equity plans.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Sun International career website on www.linkedin.com to apply